What you'll do…
We are looking for a that has a passion for developing solutions for Risk and Compliance domain. Do you have boundless energy and passion for engineering data used to solve dynamic problems? With the sheer scale of Walmart's environment comes the biggest of big data sets. As an Senior Data Engineer, you will dig into our mammoth scale of data to assist in insights and management of vulnerabilities, threats by imagining, developing, and maintaining data pipelines that our Risk and Compliance team can rely on. You will be responsible for contributing to an orchestration layer of complex data transformations, refining raw data from data sources, correlating, identifying patterns and enrichment of data with contextual information. You will partner with risk analysts, security engineers, decision science teams to solve complex and exciting challenges so that we can build next generation risk and compliance services, tools and platforms
About Team: Decision Automation
At Walmart, we prioritize innovation and data security. Our team is dedicated to maintaining a secure operating environment and preserving the trust of our customers, associates, and stakeholders. We combine a range of services and expertise to prevent fraud, detect threats, and manage digital risk and access. Our focus is on mitigating attack risks, securing cloud transformation, and fostering a culture of security and reliability within our team . The InfoSec Decision Automation (IDA) team delivers advanced, data-driven services to enable scalable, risk-based vulnerability management for Walmart.
- Apply data engineering techniques and best practices for data centric operations related to Information Security Risk and Compliance domain.
- Data Aggregation, Staging and processing large data sets to meet business needs of managing security issues for Risk and Compliance domain.
- Work across the entire Risk/Vulnerability management ecosystem with executives, product owners, stakeholders and customers for efficient data flow, aggregation, and exchange.
- Will be building data pipelines, fine tuning pipelines and scaling them for organization data processing requirements.
- Continuously researching, doing experiments, and staying current and be up to date with technology improvements and directions.
- Will be managing data integration layers, upstream and downstream data flow insights and operations.
- Will be working with SQL, NO SQL, Streaming and Graph technologies that deal with large scale data sets that prevails in Cloud and Non-Cloud environments.
- You will work with security engineers, external teams, and partners in an agile manner to build and release product features that caters to business requirements.
- Use your knowledge of data architectures, data patterns, big data solutions to support large scale data processing as part of vulnerability management, risk and compliance domain.
- Build complex logical and conceptual models and provide guidance to team on physical data models. Identify and define the appropriate techniques for exposing data to other systems.
What you'll bring:
- Awareness about information security domains, vulnerabilities, threats, and exploits.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Apache Spark/GCP Dataproc
- Experience working with SQL and No SQL databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, Cassandra etc.
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Apache Storm, Flink, Kafka
- Experience in data orchestration frameworks like Airflow, Dagster, Luigi
- Working experience in Azure/GCP Cloud solutions and platforms
- Working experience in programming language such as Java, Python. Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages or technologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- CISA, Security+ or any other security certification
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 5 years' experience in information technology within the past
10 years OR 7 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), and/or Security+ certification, Leading Technical Team, Mainframe Technology, Professional certification in information technology relevant to the job under consideration (for example, Java, C/C++, mainframe technologies, SAP, Microsoft .Net, business intelligence tools, SQL technology), Programming language or languages (for example, Java, C/C++, .NET, Rexx, Cobol, Powershell), SAP, SQL technology, Version control software (for example, Subversion, Git, Librarian)
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.