Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Develops and maintains full stack solutions to meet the business needs for SMS, Push Notifications, and Email delivery. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development. Works directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Independently innovates on and advocates for best practices within the team, and collaborates on them across the enterprise. Carries a holistic view of all products and their interactions to design complex solutions and plan for how new projects will fit into the larger ecosystem. Solves complex technical problems. Guides team in implementation of solutions from inception to production.
- Develops and maintains front-ends
- Develops and maintains backend systems
- Uses holistic knowledge of all products in the team’s ecosystem to plan how new systems will be built and integrated
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices and improved processes within the team and with internal partners; stays up to date with technology trends and innovations; mentors team members
- Creates and maintains devops processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity
- Work with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production.
- Promote a risk-aware culture to ensure effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology
- 8+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or Equivalent Experience
- In lieu of degree, 10+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related
- SpringBoot and Websphere experience
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Experience in SMS, push, and Email delivery systems
- AWS certifications and experience with Amazon SES
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Experience in DevOps, Test Driven Development, and DevOps
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.