In this role, you will lead the development of embedded real-time software in a rearchitecture of the Navy’s Aircraft Carrier Landing System (ACLS). This includes refactoring legacy software and development of new software to interface with next-generation hardware including radar sensors, radios, avionics buses, and other communication equipment.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team using your skills and expertise to guide and participate in the redesign, development, and test of the re-engineered ACLS software products. This will entail working with complex system architectures, ushering them from operational concept through preliminary and detailed design, simulation, integration, test, and operational fielding. As a cross-functional engineer, you provide software-level ownership and subject matter expertise for new products and processes throughout the product life cycle. As you become familiar with the legacy system and software, you may assume some responsibility for maintaining the legacy system until it is replaced by this new implementation. You will be trained by engineers who have extensive knowledge of and experience in this domain.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. MST has comprehensive expertise in the areas of high-integrity precision navigation and landing systems using traditional Rader and GPS-based technology for manned and unmanned aircraft for the US military. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations under a full lifecycle engineering management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Out teams have experience with nearly every legacy and current precision approach and automatic landing system to provide guidance and control support for a smooth integration on both the ship and aircraft. Learn more about MST
- Lead a team developing software that integrates with other software and hardware systems
- Collaborate with technical leads and program management to plan integration, test, and release cycles of the product roadmaps
- Research hardware architectures to break down tasks needed for software integration
- Perform virtualization and containerization of legacy software applications
- Support requirements definition and analysis, system architecture definition, and requirements flow-down
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related discipline and typically 16 or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience with embedded software development with real-time deterministic constraints
- Experience with C, C++, and C#
- Knowledge of standard development methodologies, such as Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
- Advanced capabilities using Computer Aided Engineering tools for requirements tracking, code reviews, static analysis, library and artifact repository, and automated builds
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with creating Software Design Documents and Test Plans
- Ability and willingness to travel to various facilities to assist with ground/flight system testing
- Experience integrating real-time embedded software on radar landing systems
- Experience with hardware backplane bus architectures such as VME or VPX
- Experience with digital signal processing and control systems
- Experience developing software under the Wind River VxWorks (or Linux) RTOS and Microsoft Visual Studio development environments
- Experience with MATLAB for behavior modeling, simulation, and test data analysis
- Experience with interfacing to FPGA devices
- Basic understanding of electronic design
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regarding to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.