Everything we do at DICK’S Sporting Goods centers around our customers, or as we call them, our athletes. From online to in-store, we’re disrupting retail through technology.
Our Software Engineering team are key disruptors. As a Principal Software Engineer, you are an expert of your craft. You are a natural leader. The idea of disrupting an industry with technologies you help create is invigorating.
Product information has become more important than ever in meeting our athlete’s needs. Complete and accurate information around our vast catalog of products is essential to drive enhancements in athlete experience, online conversion, analytics, and data science. Our Product Information Management team plays a central role within technology to help facilitate these goals.
We are seeking a Principal Engineer with strong architecture, leadership, delivery, and coding skills to lead our team through this dynamic landscape – an innovator with proven experience in this field who can bring new insights to the table.
We empower our engineers to tear down the silos and work collaboratively with their product team to deliver solutions. We work in nimble product teams composed of engineers, designers, and product managers that aren’t bogged down by project plans and politics, but are empowered to continuously create, test and execute. One of the best parts is after the work is done, you get to see the results of your work in our stores, online and throughout our business. You get to make a difference.
This is a full time remote opportunity!
First, let’s talk Tech.
Here is a list of our platforms. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a master at them all. At this most senior, Principal level, you’ll expect you to have experience in at least a few of them.
- The team is primarily .net and Angular so at least some experience in those is preferred.
- We also deal in a few different database and messaging frameworks such as MSSQL, Elasticsearch, Cosmos Db, Kafka, Rabbit MQ and Neo4j.
As a Principal Software Engineer at DICK’S you will:
- Build and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace
- Bring at least 7 to 10 years of experience to the table
- Strong experience in Cloud Native and Micro Service design
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Consistently look for opportunities to develop our Software Developers, sharing your expertise and lessons
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and modern practices
- Identify and communication technology problems and prepare remedies
- Work with open source tools to build new technologies
- Participate in design thinking activities to improve the user experience
We believe that there is always a better way.
So, we will expect you to:
- Continuously learn modern software design and development core practices, utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks, etc.
- Engineers at this level are able to deliver complex tasks to production, working independently when required.
- They use best practices in high quality code, and continue to push and share their knowledge.
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to understand best practices and optimal design patterns
- Take the initiative to drive new ideas and projects
- Understand the business context of the larger domain and potentially other domain areas
- Able to advocate and evangelize specific technologies within and outside the wider organization
- Able to support and mentor seasoned technologists in a structured manner and ad-hoc
Lastly, here’s some stuff that won’t be part of your day-to-day.
At DICK’S you won’t:
- Work in a silo
- Be limited by project plans
- Find yourself stuck in a boring cube
- Pay to park or be stuck in a corporate high-rise
- Be pigeonholed into proprietary and stagnant codebases
If you’re excited about joining the DSG team, we’d love to meet you.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.