Apex Life Sciences is looking for a product developer for one of the top beverage clients in Seattle! Please see below and apply if interested!
– Gathers, analyzes and maintains product and technology trend information and conducts idea generation sessions to initiate creation of new food and beverage products.
– Designs and conducts benchtop experiments and tests, including Product Guidance Testing recommendations, plant trials and in-market testing to deliver project requirements.
– May supervise temporary and permanent lab technicians in the execution of assigned tasks.
– Establishes key technical performance indicators and measures to ensure progress to commercialization and implementation consistent with project timelines.
– Identifies potential suppliers and manages their development of key ingredients and products.
– Maintains project file, develops technical manual, and documents intellectual property.
– Leads the commercialization phase of projects by developing product and process specifications and conducting plant testing for selected prototypes.
– Develops initial cost of goods, packaging, labeling and regulatory information.
– Ensures that products and processes have met initial quality assurance, safety and risk assessment requirements.
– Manages the communication of technical information and commercialization requirements to the production facility and negotiates to desired outcome.
– Provides technical input to clarify project requirements and prepares project plans for approval, prioritization and allocation of technical resources.
– Identifies key technical hurdles and deliverables.
– Organizes work activities, provides technical input on cross-functional team timelines.
– Gathers and analyzes technical information to update cross-functional team.
– Supports the start-up and implementation of the product.
– Revises technical information in the specifications.
– Develops Recipe Card and finished product preparation targets.
– Prepares commercialization summaries and project reports.
– Consults on development of training materials.
– Supports ongoing technical improvements and testing.
– 3+ years in process development, product or menu development in the food and beverage or related industry, and project management
– Background with specifications development
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Science / Food Science / Food & Nutrition/ Food Engineering, or related fields.
– Knowledge of food and beverage technology, chemistry/engineering, including processing and manufacturing.
– Knowledge of food ingredient functionality.
– Knowledge of food quality assurance principles and established food safety requirements, including process and formulary concepts.
– Effectively present information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Job ID: ******
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Apex Life Sciences
On Assignment’s U.S. life sciences businesses, Lab Support and Valesta Clinical Research Solutions, have been re-branded as Apex Life Sciences. The U.S. divisions of Lab Support and Valesta are leaders in the scientific, engineering, and clinical research staffing and services industry. The new name was chosen to leverage the national brand of On Assignment’s Apex Systems, a leader in the technology staffing and services industry. For over 30 years, Lab Support and Valesta have provided top talent for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions in the life sciences industries. With hundreds of thousands of successful matches over three decades, the divisions have built reputations as the best in the business. Contact Info
– Seattle, WA
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.