As a Product Management Sr Manager within PNC’s Retail Consumer Credit Card Dept, you may be based in Pittsburgh PA, Wilmington DE or Charlotte NC.
The person in this role will
- Lead consumer credit card strategy integration with the Retail Bank’s customer segments.
- Develop strategies working with Retail Bank’s Student and Private Client segment managers, Workplace Banking, University Banking and Wealth Management teams.
- Focus on creating graduation strategy and operational processes for the Retail Bank’s New to Credit/Secured Card segment.
- Address segment specific needs and be an advocate for all segments at all customer touch points.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Distribution, Operations and Analytic partners to implement and lead segment specific initiatives.
- Keep Distribution and all segment partners engaged and updated on strategic and tactical credit card plans.
- Lead on other project initiatives, as needed, to help drive business results
- Drives business, financial and customer experience results for multi-faceted, complex products through the selection, design, development and promotion of new and existing products or experiences.
- Monitors the marketplace to assess product or experience trends and results in order to recommend new products, new experiences or enhancements to existing products. Prioritizes and makes decisions regarding recommendations. Develops business case, business plan and roll-out of specific products, product groups or experiences.
- Develops and designs the features of a designated new or existing product to take advantage of an identified market need or opportunity. Manages the development, production, roll-out, pricing or promotion of specific products, product groups or experiences.
- Partners with key stakeholders including sales, marketing and other internal service partners as well as external stakeholders to ensure all product offerings meet their strategic goals. Develops product-specific marketing initiatives. May participate in client-facing activities. Supports risk management, compliance and audit needs as part of the first line of defense.
- Drives business, financial and customer experience results of new and existing products and recommends modifications in product features and/or marketing to improve results. May coordinate and/or coach junior staff.
Manages Risk – Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Business Acumen – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications – Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Innovation – Working Experience
- Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.
Project Management – Extensive Experience
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
Data Gathering and Reporting – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Competitive Environment – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.
Marketing Strategy and Positioning – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use business models to develop and implement marketing strategies, objectives, and tactics as well as establishing a communications plan.
KNOWLEDGE OF PRODUCT LINE – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for specific products; ability to develop product line processes and strategies.
Product Development Life Cycle – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to develop products and bring them into the marketplace.
Solutions Development – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.
- Ability to work in a team environment/strong interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills with experience working on technology projects. Ability to interface with multiple partners including the line of business, technology groups, analytics teams, and legal/compliance teams on such projects. Ability to multi-task and prioritize requests.
- Comfortable working with data and able to effectively interface with analytics partners
- Proven Credit Card Product or Account Management experience.
- Effective written and oral presentation skills when conducting and participating in meetings
- Energetic and able to adapt to quickly changing situations and ongoing business demands
- Ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills and very strong attention to detail.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.