Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Service Engineer (SE) Lead Consultant manages and plans efforts to research, design, plan and maintain new or existing hardware and software technology components. The SE Lead Consultant utilizes proven systems, scripting and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware and software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution. The role also creates, reviews, and ensures updates are made to the configuration management plan.
- Participate on outage calls, lead and coordinate with multiple teams to resolve outages in a timely fashion.
- Provide on call support for triaging incidents, coordinating with various support teams across the organization and carryout activities related to incident management
- Communicate overall status and health of the application to business and application support teams
- Look for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability, and speed
- Perform trouble shooting, root cause analysis, research and permanent resolution on problems reported.
- Real-time restoration and triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to customers and partners in a timely manner.
- Assess initial severity, gather impacts, creates tickets in JIRA/KANBAN, engages necessary support teams, and escalates as necessary.
- Test and validate system performance.
- Create, review and update configuration management plans related to code promotion based on information systems and business requirements.
- Lead efforts to analyze and resolve complex incidents and problems and balance the workload against incident priorities. Ensure all related incidents and problems are appropriately resolved.
- Provide input and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
- Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods.
- Develop plans to meet required service levels; design data collection and reporting mechanisms for application/infrastructure health reporting.
- Direct the work of junior engineers serving as Subject Matter Expert within areas of responsibility.
- Review and validate accuracy of other's estimates.
- 8+ years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, SDLC- Waterfall / Agile) supporting and building front end web applications.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and programming principles and patterns
- 1+ years of experience with React JS in developing web applications.
- Experience in troubleshooting problems using Splunk (or similar tools) and APM tools (Dynatrace, App dynamics).
- Hands on experience working with Service now and Jira.
- Experience with GitHub and Jenkins is desired
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.