The Programmer Analyst will utilize a wide range of mainframe and off-mainframe development skills to collaborate with technical and business experts in the design and maintenance of software solutions. Candidates will be part of a scrum team that will drive development based on strategic discussions with technical, business, and client stakeholders.
– Interpret functional requirements, perform analysis then create or modify software providing high value customer solutions
– Tasks include designing, testing, debugging, documenting, and installing software components
– Ensure products, applications, documents and systems are in compliance with established quality standards
– Implement and support applications in test and production environments
– Keep abreast of latest development tools and techniques
– Participate in on-call rotation to resolve issues
– Document process and produce process flow diagrams
– Provide status and project updates to scrum team and manage
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of mainframe experience using COBOL, as well as solid experience with DB2, CICS, and Job Control Language. Additionally, this role will be involved in daily Scrum meetings and will require heavy collaboration, so a consistent presence in the Brookfield, WI office is absolutely necessary to be successful in the position.
– Mainframe technical experience, including interfaces, tools, and associated technologies
– Ability to research and document existing applications and create new applications following standards and guidelines
– Fundamental understanding of off-mainframe application architectures
– Ability to effectively engage subject matter experts and understand technical topics
– Ability to work effectively with technical and business experts
– Willingness and ability to work effectively on a scrum team and be an active practitioner of scrum concepts
– Ability to analyze and solve problems creatively
– Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
– Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders including offshore teams
– Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
– Batch Processing
– ZEKE job scheduling or knowledge of comparable scheduling packages
Additional Skills (Nice to have):
– IBM Integration BUS (IIB)
– Familiarity with financial / brokerage applications
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Brookfield-Wisconsin-United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.