Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You’ll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: The Programmer Analyst’s role is to configure, define, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. The Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Liaise with other technical staff to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Consistently configure, update, test, and support software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Design, run and monitor software tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Partner with Field Services on support of hardware components.
- Collaborate with business analysts, programmer analysts, QA team and architects in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or Computer Science.
- 3+ years equivalent work experience in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering
- or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Relational database and operating systems experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Working understanding of platforms such as Windows, Linux, and mobile platforms
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Hands-on experience developing unit test cases and plans
- Flexible and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- On-call availability on a regular basis required
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Customer Service orientation and methodology
- Gateway Ticketing Applications
- Accesso LoQueue Applications
- CVPS Application
- Understanding of MS SQL Always on Architecture
- Experience writing and executing SQL queries
- SQL Server Management Studio and SQL Server Integration Services
- Understanding of Service Level Agreement Reporting
- Experience writing and storing IT support documentation
- Following and understanding complex procedures.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines or troubleshoot critical outages. Flexible schedule including weekends.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.