Date: Jul 31, 2018
Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76155
Company: FlightSafety International
This posting is for an ongoing temporary/contract position.
The Project Developer I is responsible for producing course approval documents that meet Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) for operation under Parts 135 by performing the following duties.
Teamwork – Internal & External Activities :
– Confer with the Document Management Solutions Team Leader to implement the work plan, assigned duties, and responsibilities.
– Coordinate with other project personnel and other departments to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
– Coordinate project activities with Regulatory Affairs Group and FlightSafety International Center personnel.
Input and Documentation/Records Activities :
– Demonstrate understanding of approval document standards in order to implement correct specifications and quality when writing training material.
– Locate and extract information from technical documents in preparation for written documentation.
– Produce Training Program manuals for FlightSafety International Centers and Customers, as requested and as needed.
– Produce standardized approval documents based on FARs.
– Perform to ensure that the project meets scheduled times; accomplish the work plan for each phase of the project.
– Share information with Document Management Solutions Team Leader for performance reviews.
– Report status of assigned tasks and modifies activities as required. Generate information for project reports.
– Develop flight profile illustrations.
– Maintain audit trail documentation of ‘work in progress’ and ‘completed’.
– Follow task lists and objective hierarchies.
– Produce both digital and printed materials for various training courses.
– File shipping reports and other documents.
– Construct books with printed material, tabs, spine labels, and associated letters.
– Package books and other material for shipping.
– Generate shipping orders.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: (Minimum Requirements)
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university preferred, or five (5) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years experience substitution must be in related field.
Preferred education and experience is in the fields of Instructional Technology, Computer Science, Education or Aviation.
This position requires three to four (3-4) years’ experience developing aviation documentation and general educational materials and courseware.
An aviation background is required or related fields of equivalent military/civilian training.
Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations is desirable.
Knowledge of classroom, flight simulator and aircraft training techniques and procedures.
Working knowledge of aircraft systems/aviation terminology.
Working knowledge of Regulatory Affairs.
Fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (Preferred):
Graphic Illustration – Adobe Creative Suite
General knowledge of the following software: MS Office
Other software programs may be required, as needed.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.