* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Open Locations: Long Island, NY; Washington, D.C/Baltimore, MD; Raleigh-Durham, NC; Chicago/Great Lakes, IL
What You Will Do:
Responsible for leading the deployment of complete systems that include products combined with complementary technologies, including deployment of hardware products and interfaces, to provide a holistic solution that meets customer requirements. Work closely with the Project Engineer II and the Systems Engineer to analyze the customer requirements and required functionality early in the project cycle; support the customer design reviews, conduct the Factory Acceptance Testing with the Customer and lead the subsequent deployment at the Customer site. Participate in the System Acceptance Testing with the Lead Project or Systems Engineer.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of software and products.
- Support Product Management and Engineering in the definition of software and hardware products and interfaces.
- Help with the SAT or lead the SAT with Systems Engineering support.
- Ensure System compatibility and interoperability of all sub-systems.
- Manage and document system configurations.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary while documenting the same using the ticketing system.
Education and Work Experience:
- BS degree (Computer Science, Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related field) required
- 4+ years’ experience in project/systems engineering (hardware, software, data, networking and communications technologies.)
- Experience with typical Engineering Lab equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, soldering irons, breadboards, etc.)
- Good understanding of the J1939 and J1708 protocols and experience with Multiplex systems
- Ability to help implement large scale projects.
- Ability to retrieve information from customers, apply this information to products and influence the change needed either in the products or in the customer requirements.
- Some database experience.
- Some hardware design experience.
- Good computer skills particularly with MS Office (Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Project.) Ability to learn new programs such as MS Dynamics AX.
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Project Engineer
Locations: Chicago IL; Long Island NY; Washington DC; Baltimore MD; Raleigh/Durham NC
Client Industry: Manufacturing (Technology Solutions)
Client Job ID: 1580270
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.