What You’ll Do
We are looking for a proactive Junior Engineering Project Manager to provide project management support on various BroadCloud Engineering initiatives, including security and compliance related projects. You will be responsible for coordinating and documenting project meetings including meeting agendas, minutes, and lists of action items. You will assist the Sr. Project Manager in preparing and updating plans including project plans, deployment plans, resource management and other plans. You will assist with the creation of status reports and assist with maintaining and organizing the engineering documentation and reporting intranet. You will also assist with the financial aspect of the engineering department, including quotes, purchase request, purchase order management and asset management. Other duties include:
* Manage process for receiving, evaluating, sizing, and prioritizing of new Engineering and Operations project requests, and assist with associated resource management
* Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
* Plan, coordinate, communicate and drive medium to long range engineering projects and provide summary reports of project status
* Plan, schedule and monitor project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
* Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
* Manage project plan schedules, deliverables, dependencies, and resource allocation
* Produce key deliverables throughout the lifecycle of the project, for IT use as well as for business owners, such as overall project plans, solution proposals, user acceptance test plans, and dependency matrices.
* Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
* Manage, track and report on the Engineering CAPEX and OPEX budgets
* Assist with all vendor management and purchasing aspects of the Engineering department including invoice approval management, purchase request and purchase order processing
* Prepare impact analysis documents and recommendations on projects and resource utilization
* Facilitate team, vendor and client meetings.
Who You’ll Work With
Our project management team works primarily with internal Engineering organizations and secondarily with other departments that work directly with the Engineering organization.
Who You Are
To be successful, you must be familiar data networking and information technology processes and procedures. You will have 2+ years project management/coordination experience, specifically managing technical projects and have at least two years of experience using MS Project, SmartSheets or similar Project Management tools. Ideally, you will possess a bachelor’s degree and a PMP certification. Other key skills include:
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Excellent facilitation skills and project management skills
* Strong conceptual abilities, creative, resourceful with initiative and confident
* Ability to see the big picture and attend to details
* Expert knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and change management
* Ability to work as part of a diverse team of technical engineers
* Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, ability to speak confidently in public to large and small audiences.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
– We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
– We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
– We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.