Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others’ vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Relocation Available – Yes
Generic Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Generally works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision making process.
Specific Job Summary
The general function of a Project Manager is to provide leadership through setting expectations, ensuring communication, providing guidance to all participating individuals involved with the reserve budget. The manager ensures that the services provided are in the best interest of the company. This manager supervises a diverse group of professionals performing complex work, managing workflow, and monitoring performance. The Project Manager is accountable for staff performance, owner and/ or client satisfaction, and maximizing staff utilization and reports to the Director of Engineering. The Project Manager is directly involved with individuals to ensure all projects are delivered on schedule as well as within budget having authority to complete the project within the defined scope and client agreement.
Generic Expected Contributions
– Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
– Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
– Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
– Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes. providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-ofcontact for problem resolution. participating in setting department operating plans. recognizing and celebrating team successes. achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
– Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
– Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
– Coordinating all aspects of the job from being award through completion which would include, scope, bid reviews, awarding of contracts as well as vendor management.
– Participate in coordination & review meetings with Owner(s), financial representatives, Architects, Engineers, City officials & Contractors.
– Understand the project scope, specifications, qualifications, quality standards, details, and schedule.
– Identify research, qualify & purchase of long lead and buyout items.
– Assist with review & development of project schedule. (submittal, coordination, production & installation)
– Manage submittal process. (shop drawings, product data, samples and mock-ups)
– Assign appropriate parties to project specifics and overseeing project development to ensure that they are executing their role and responsibilities in accordance with dictated policies and procedures.
– Will oversee and ensure financial performance for the group.
– Assign work and manage staff utilization through the allocation of resources to projects.
– Resolve imbalances in project workload with other parties involved to maximize utilization of resources.
– Will work closely with the discipline of vendors & contractors to ensure that the owner(s) best interest and dictated procedures are followed by all project participants.
– Assists as required with proposal preparation, including development of scope, fees, schedule and staff assignment.
– Establish strong customer relations and leverage opportunities to build customer loyalty through regular client communication.
– Will interview and hire new contractors.
– Conducts performance management and staff development.
– Works with owner/ client to develop operational procedures and protocols, continuously adhering to, maintaining and further developing such systems.
– Keeps other informed on contracted availability and capabilities.
– Reports on staff utilization and overhead performance.
– Review client ability and leverage existing client base.
– Assist and direct the activities of assigned construction related projects, departmental moves, and capital equipment reallocations/additions.
– Provide cost estimates and project coordination of assigned facilities and maintenance improvements at all facilities.
– Work with outside contractors and suppliers, purchasing materials and services required for completion of assigned responsibilities.
– Assist in the preparation of capital budgets for all owners and/ or clients.
– Assist in the development of departmental policies and maintain departmental information and resource files.
– Develop maintenance programs for buildings and grounds such as evaluating maintenance alternatives, general building preventative maintenance, and recommends corrective action.
– Oversee projects in such a way to minimize any disruption with our customer experience
– Oversee and enforce standards for vendors working on site, uniforms, behavior and OSHA compliance
Generic Candidate Profile
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally a professional position with specific knowledge in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.
Specific Candidate Profile
Education and Experience
– 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
Skills and Knowledge
– Equipment Maintenance – Performing routine maintenance on mechanical or technological equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
– Mechanical – Knowledge of machines, computers, tools and other equipment, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
– Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
– Troubleshooting – Determining causes of mechanical or technological operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
– Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
– Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
– Repairing – Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
– Public Safety and Security – Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective operations for the protection of people, data and property.
– Building and Construction – Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures such as walkways, parking lots, and guest facilities.
– Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
– Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
– Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
– Basic Computer Skills – Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
– Number Facility – The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
– Analytical/Critical Thinking – The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
on Company Website
Job ID: 32816
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Before opening its first resort on Hilton Head Island, S.C. in 1984, Marriott Vacations Worldwide carefully evaluated the timeshare industry and identified opportunities that could enhance the overall vacation ownership experience. As a recognized industry leader, Marriott Vacations Worldwide continues to set the same high standards that made Marriott the most admired hospitality company in the world. Contact Info
– 9001 Shadow Ridge Road
Palm Desert, CA 92211
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.