Requisition ID 2018-43472
Position Type Regular Part-Time
Department COM Humanities Administration
Post End Date 6/28/2018
**This position is part-time**
The Project Manager works closely with the Department Chair and other team members to accomplish project goals for Education, Research, and Clinical missions. The Project Manager is responsible for travel coordination and preparation, oversight of project travel including policy and ensuring travel requests and reimbursements are correctly processed. This position prepares department purchase requisitions and monitors purchase orders; Invoicing and invoice management. This position researches and prepares reports, examining and verifying documents, management and oversight of education coordinator, including event coordination and scheduling. The Project Manager prepare staff meeting agendas and meeting minutes. This position will review and reconciles monthly ledgers and encumbrances.
* Sets up and participants in team planning meetings and supports project from preliminary planning to implementation.
* Provide logistical support for events and trainings including identifying and arranging training/event locations and vendors.
* Provide oversight of purchasing, print, production, collating, and packaging of project materials.
* Work closely with department administrator and other team members to accomplish all project goals.
* This position will provide support to three key areas within the department, Faculty, Administration, and Education.
* This role will serve as the back-up and primary contact for many department functions.
* Oversight of travel including disseminating travel policy, helping traveling staff determine locations for overnights within state guidelines, and processing travel paperwork.
* Monitors purchasing and print jobs to ensure team is on track with budget projections.
* The position will provide back up for department purchasing when the main staff person is out to ensure project needs are met.
* Typing, copying, faxing, filing, setting up meetings, purchasing, and general support for project staff and visitors.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma/GED plus 7 years’ experience in program coordination or administration OR Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business Administration or related field plus 3 years experience in program coordination or administration.
UAMS is an inclusive Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 10 lbs or less
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Quiet
Visual Requirements: Not required
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.