Job ID :
US – Arizona – Remote / Field|US – California – Remote / Field|US – Connecticut – Remote / Field|US – Florida – Remote / Field|US – Massachusetts – Remote / Field|US – New York – Remote / Field|US – Pennsylvania – Remote / Field|US – Texas – Remote / Field|US – Utah – Remote / Field
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific has an immediate need for an IT Project Manager to oversee the implementation of our LIMS software at various customer sites. The position is a remote position and the candidate may be located anywhere in the United States. Applicants will be expected to travel 25% to 40% of the time.
Key Responsibilities: (Bullets)
– Manage projects and lead technical delivery teams within projects
– Management of the day-to-day activities for medium and large-scale global multi site LIMS projects.
– Prioritization of project deliverables and activities.
– Tracking and monitoring of project issues and escalation to management as appropriate.
– Overall project schedule and project deliverables responsibility.
– Reporting of tasks and milestones against the plan internally and to customers’ stakeholders.
– Scheduling of project meetings; compilation of minutes and actions/decisions made throughout the project.
– Tracking of project time and deliverables against budget and requirements.
– Provide forecast of billable time.
– Deliver successful performance relative to defined performance metrics
– Work onsite, face to face with customers at all levels
– Ability to handle challenging situations in a calm and professional manner.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: (Bullets)
– 5+ year’s software implementation project management experience in an external client environment.
– Full understanding of a complete project lifecycle within enterprise software, including SDLC.
– Experience with software implementation within a validated systems environment, including 21CFR Part 11, ISO 17025, GxP, etc.
– Experience leading and managing technical and software validation teams as part of large-scale, multi-site LIMS or other enterprise software deployments.
– Proven track record of working in a high-stress environment and working on multiple projects concurrently.
– Strong people management and negotiation skills.
– Proficiency in MS Office applications, Visio, and Microsoft Project.
– PMP certification a plus
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in scientific or information technology field.
– Organized with ability to prioritize work load and work under pressure
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– Customer focused
– Willing to travel up to 50% of working time over any one year period
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: (Bullet 3-5 key quantifiable skills or position requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position.)
– Experience in customer facing role
– Demonstrated communication skills
– Significant relevant experience in project management of enterprise software applications
– The job will require significant travelling to customer sites and the possibility to work out of the home office
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.