VA – Arlington
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate for this role will function as a Leader and garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done. Additionally, he/she will:
– Support Agile Teams managing the migration and modernization to include project planning and project implementation
– Work with the team to develop project plans, roadmaps and manage backlog
– Communicate team plans, report impediments for escalation, and identify risks/concerns to relevant stakeholders to help resolve
– Monitor team backlog daily and ensure it accurately reflects the current state of the sprint
– Work with product owners and stakeholders to refine vision and establish goals and metrics
– Track and communicate team velocity and sprint progress to all affected teams and management
– Maintain a track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups and self-study
– Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5-7 years of Project Management experience. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
– 5+ years of Project Management with full Software Development Life Cycle experience and proven ability to lead agile, software-centric projects of medium complexity and size
– Experience supporting multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
– Experience coordinating activities across multiple organizations and stakeholders
– Experience managing distributed team resources
– PMP certification required
– Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
– Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
– Demonstrated team player style/approach
– U.S. Citizenship required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
– Department Homeland Security (DHS) Experience desired
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry’s most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE:
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.