This opening is in our Kawneer business which is located in Springdale, AR. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic’s global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
The Project Manager role is responsible for servicing our customers’ needs for large fabricated and/or Stock length projects and dealing with day to day activities within the customer service area.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
– Manage process flow throughout the front-end and manufacturing process (including estimating, drafting, engineering, and takeoff) by problem solving and best practice sharing, in order to support customer needs;
– Responsible to manage a total backlog of between $4M – $6M;
– Prepare construction project timelines as needed;
– Position is in direct communication with: customers, sales team, order processing team members and manufacturing personnel;
– Resolves customer concerns and field issues;
– Self-directed and works independently;
– Coordinates and advances project status, from Order Entry through Engineering and Manufacturing;
– Interacts with Customers (both internal and external) and Sales Representative;
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
– Understand market needs (customer needs, competitive information);
– Act as a liaison between the customers and Kawneer;
– Obtain profitable orders (understanding of job margins and determining any issues);
– Must be self-motivated, people-oriented, service -oriented, and possess the ability to work with others;
– Must have file management and computer skills in all Kawneer front-end applications as well as organizational/time management skills;
– Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
– Develop and maintain positive working relationships;
– High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite;
– Must possess conflict management skills.
– High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
Minimum 2 years of construction industry experience
– Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
– Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution;
– 5+ years of commercial architectural building and construction industry experience.
– Minimum 1 year of experience of reading and interpreting architectural plans and installation instructions;
– Experience with Estimating Software, JD Edwards, and Microsoft Office
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 23482BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Arconic creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value. Contact Info
– Springdale, AR
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
More Jobs at Arconic
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.