Project Manager, Appraisal & Tax
The Project Manager successfully manages the implementation of Tyler
software for new and existing accounts, from the contract signing
through formal transition to the support department, on time and
* Develop the implementation project plan and officially start
projects by conducting kick-off meetings with clients and other
staff as needed. Project plans outline the scope, schedule, and
budget of the project, as well as each party s responsibilities
and mutual commitment to contribute adequate resources to follow
* Work with the sales team as the contract is signed, becoming
familiar with contract requirements, program modifications, and
other site-specific background information.
* Manage and assume accountability for all aspects of projects
related to delivery of client software and services including:
* Acquiring and coordinating necessary resources to meet project
* Planning and tracking all project activity.
* uiding the client through release planning in support of the
overall project schedule.
* Tracking project hours and submitting project progress reports
by due dates.
* Monitoring and reviewing revenue recognition and bringing
concerns to management as needed.
* Managing scope, time and cost to meet client commitments.
* Managing communication throughout the team and stakeholders.
* Managing the quality of project team deliverables.
* Managing the project budget.
* Documenting and reporting status and issues.
* Identifying, reporting and managing risks; overcoming project
* Acting as a client liaison and representative communicating
client feedback to appropriate Tyler representatives; acting
to resolve outstanding issues on behalf of client in a timely
* Conduct planning sessions with the client s key functional
leaders to create a series of documented management plans that
specify the project plan and scope.
* May be responsible for ensuring assigned clients pay invoices in
a timely manner and/or assist Tyler collections in obtaining
payment for delinquent/past due accounts.
* Ensure that resources are scheduled and monitor progress to
ensure compliance with the project plan, immediately notifying
affected parties of any schedule changes.
* Use departmental sites/calendars/systems to publish a summary of
key dates and issues to all Tyler employees involved in the
project, such as development, implementation, support, and other
* Obtain regular feedback from clients regarding project status and
quality of service and take immediate corrective action as
* Anticipate, identify, and resolve roadblocks, such as hardware,
software, or networking incompatibilities and unresponsive
third-party vendors or clients.
* Communicate completion of milestones to clients and secure formal
acceptance from them.
* Upon project completion conduct meetings with clients to ensure a
smooth transition of services from implementation to support.
* Communicate with the implementation staff and management
regularly, ensuring timely delivery of schedules and revenue
projections; relaying personnel, client, contract, and
departmental issues; seeking assistance as needed with meeting
revenue goals; and responding to directives that are issued to
meet department goals.
* May manage implementation resources to maximize performance and
deliver expected revenue goals.
* Maintain the project team s calendar commitments by keeping all
project event information current.
* May identify add-on sales opportunities and manage contract
addendum and purchase orders.
* Travel to client site as needed.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree, or comparable work experience.
* Typically, a minimum of three years of experience as an
implementation professional (or equivalent experience). Solid and
proven project management experience essential.
* Solid management and leadership experience required including
strong abilities in influencing, empowering and mentoring
implementation team members.
* Solid conflict resolution, negotiation, business and customer
service skills including experience partnering successfully
with clients on technical needs and delivering solutions
tailored to client needs.
* Organizational and time management skills including solid
people management and project management experience involving
the ability to manage project financials and multiple projects
of various size, scope and complexity simultaneously and
* Ability and willingness to work toward obtaining PMP
certification and maintain status after certification.
* Software life cycle and enterprise software knowledge required.
* Excellent planning, organizational skills and ability to
follow-through until process are completed.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate
technical and non-technical information to various audiences
* Proficiency using computers and exposure to IT infrastructure
* Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
* Strong analytical ability, particularly in a technical
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in
a fast paced, technical environment.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive, professional
* Have and maintain a valid driver s license and auto insurance
* Ability to travel 50-75%.
Requisition Number: *******-2
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.