Design Group is a leading Engineering, systems integration, and IT
consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for
consumer products, life sciences, and other industrial sectors. Design
Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance,
and other technology services to the world s leading companies. Our
organization is staffed by over 1,400 engineering and technical
specialists, operating from over 40 global offices in the US and
India. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural
and construction management services through our wholly owned and
professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions,
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for
leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment
and a unique people-centric culture. We offer a robust,
centralized learning and development program to improve the career
experience for every professional.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and
purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with more than 11,600 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world. For more
information, go to ********************** and visit our CEO Bob
Chapman s blog at ****************************.
As a project manager (Engineering design), you will work in our
Roseville, CA office and remotely at project sites or other offices as
needed to manage design projects to meet our clients business
needs. The successful candidate will work with engineers, architects,
designers and other technical professionals to manage facility MEP
design build (or design bid build) projects for pharmaceutical,
biotechnology, advanced technology (semi-conductor), food & beverage
as well as other industrial operations.
* Project Manager is responsible for facility and utility design
projects for manufacturing and distribution clients (food,
beverage, wine, beer & spirits and/or consumer products
manufacturing project design experience desired).
* Highly desired is a candidate with some past Architectural design
experience, prior to current Project Manager Position.
* Any current or past field architectural project management
experience is highly desired
* Plant engineering experience is a plus
* Experience executing projects within an A/E design firm highly
* Exposure in a broad range of engineering disciplines is relevant
including; industrial structures, mechanical systems
(refrigeration, chillers, boilers, plumbing, compressed air and
HVAC systems) and power distribution.
* Minimum 7+ years of experience with some recent Project Lead
responsibilities, project execution including; schematic design,
design development, construction documents, contract documents and
construction administration services.
* The Project Manager will manage project timelines, budget, change
and risk throughout the project execution, from concept through
* Overseeing the preparation of plans, specs and contract documents
* Administering building construction design, solving building
design problems through client and design team interface
* Coordinates client needs and requests with ensuring all state and
federal standards and codes are met
* Prepare proposals, participate in sales presentations
* Manage project timelines and finances throughout the project
* Project skills developing specifications, interfacing with and
coordinating multidiscipline teams, both on-site and remotely,
particularly in private industry with industrial structures.
* Interfacing and coordinating with local authorities having
jurisdiction. Reviewing, interpreting and applying the code in
compliance with the application.
* Administering building construction; client interface; and solving
design coordination details.
* Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills for
formal presentations, maintain client relationships and interact
with our valued team members.
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Project and, AutoCAD. Revit experience is highly
* Specific Candidate Skills: P.E., RA, project manager, mechanical
engineer, design, A&E, MEP, HVAC, Manager, BSEE, BSME, BSCE,
BArch, construction, AutoCAD, Revit, steam, airlocks, plumbing,
sprinkler, review, redline, stamp, refrigeration, chillers,
boilers, compressed air
* Travel: Flexibility for travel is required. 20-50% travel on a
sporadic basis to support installation and start-up activities.
The majority of this travel will be regional to project sites, and
to collaborate with design professionals in other offices, for
training and other purposes. Relocation: We are looking for
candidates local to the area. For highly qualified applicants
outside of the local area some relocation assistance may be
* BS degree in Mechanical, Civil or Architectural Engineering is
* P.E., RA or AE Licensure /Registration is required
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.