Title: Project Manager – Environmental Services
Webster, TX, US, 77598
Company: Univar USA
Requisition ID: 9017
It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company – we’re a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world’s most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated $8+ billion in sales in 2016 – securing the #1 market position in North America and the #2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people – people like you – and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If you’re looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, you’ve come to the right place.
Function as the Project Manager of ChemCare field project activities. Coordinates with the ChemCare Account Managers to develop, implement and monitor project work throughout the district. May provide support throughout the region. Responsible for understanding the regulatory complexities and process technologies that enable ChemCare services to add value to our customers and partner TSDF’S.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
– Focus on development and execution of new and existing field projects.
– Will be responsible for preparation of cost estimates, critical-path schedules, project scope, and performance reports.
– Provide support to the branches with respect to the hazardous waste industry, regulatory issues, competition, technical issues, partner capabilities, marketing strategies, cost, pricing, etc.
– Work with and provide resource support to our Account Managers through joint calls and in the development of their individual territory sales strategy.
– Review account rosters and target specific project work.
– Work with Sales Managers in establishing goals and forecast.
– Must be capable of executing the field work, and working with multi-disciplinary and subcontractor personnel at customer sites.
– Assist in ChemCare marketing strategies and pricing policies related to project work.
– Develop and maintain field service partner relationships. Work with partners on pricing, logistics and service.
– Travel and/or long-term field assignments may be required.
– Must have experience and success developing and executing a sales/marketing plan or strategy.
– Experience dealing with customers, both internal and external, and partners at various levels of the organization.
– Strong oral and written communication skills necessary to effectively communicate throughout the organization.
– Project related experience to include partner and equipment selection
– Understanding of regulation (i.e., RCRA, DOT, EPA, HM-181, State and Local).
– Knowledge of the environmental services market with a focus on site work.
– Knowledge of specific services such as facility decontamination and demolition including:
* Active facility cleaning
* Equipment dismantlement, decontamination and removal
* Chemical cleaning and hydroblasting
* Industrial process decommissioning, decontamination and demolition
* Demolition waste stream management and disposal
– Knowledge of heavy equipment
– Broad knowledge of waste disposal industry (TSDF network and disposal technologies) with an understanding of the EPA codes, RCRA regulations, and related DOT shipping requirements.
– Understanding of industrial services markets
– Minimum of 2 years experience with an outside RCRA related industry
– 4 yr degree preferred but not required
Univar is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous vacation and sick leave and much more.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Project Manager, Law, Outside Sales, Technology, Legal, Sales
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.