At Gilbane we’re building more than buildings, we’re helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we’ve built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family – you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
The Project Manager II serves as the on-site Gilbane manager responsible for supporting the overall direction, completion and financial outcome of a construction management project; supervises/mentors the project staff to include multiple Project Engineers and Superintendents.
Project Manager II typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
– Provide leadership in motivating the project team and maintain a positive work environment
– Manage the project using established project controls and procedures
– Perform constructability and coordination reviews
– Communicate with owners, architects and subcontractors related to project risk, timetables, costs/budgets, and change management
– Perform pre-construction planning, scheduling and cost control
– Buy-out of job by determining the sub-contracting strategy for the project and preparing front-end documents and bid processes under various project delivery models
– Prepare monthly reports including cost, schedule, safety, cash flow, etc. for internal and/or external use
– Provide jobsite leadership in the area of safety and quality
– Prepare contingency plans for potential risks, expanding contractual services and project profit
– BS OR MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
– 5-10 years of Project Management experience on projects valued at $50 million or larger
– Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
– Strong technical and communication skills are critical
– Ability to work in a team environment
– Knowledge of Prolog, Microsoft Office (preferred)
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.#Gilbane
Athens, Ohio, United States
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.