Careers Center | Project Manager Solution Delivery
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Project Manager Solution Delivery
Job ID 2018-3942
Location US-CA-San Jose
Category Service & Support
About the Job
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for providing a successful implementation experience for 8×8 customers. The PM owns and leads the customer delivery engagement and works with the customer, 8×8 provisioning teams and external partners to define and coordinate all aspects of the implementation. During implementation, the PM will be responsible for defining roles and responsibilities, managing through dependencies, overseeing issue resolution, managing project financials including budget and actuals, and hitting milestones on time. The PM will work cross-functionally with pre-sales and deployment engineers, number porting specialists, Sales executives, support teams and 3rd party vendors to ensure end to end management of the project, from the initial scope to the final provisioning of services. As a successful PM, you will develop and build healthy relationships with 8×8 customers, partners and vendors, to promote new and ongoing business opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
– Own and lead multiple, simultaneous customer engagements following the 8×8 methodology and utilizing project management best practices.
– Maintain and report on key project metrics such as budget to actuals, resource consumption, risk register, project timelines.
– Lead key project meetings with the customer and project stakeholders to gather requirements, design an appropriate solution, and present the complete project plan
– Manage project team activities and oversee completion of deliverables, managing schedules, meeting milestones, and ensuring technical success.
– Generate and maintain documentation that supports the collection, management, and reporting of all project related information
– Develop, document and distribute contingency plans for critical events
– Work with customers face-to-face or via telephone attending on-site meetings when necessary
– Maintain constant communication with the customer, identify potential issues in advance, and drive appropriate solutions
– Serve as liaison between customers, partners, 8×8 operations, and on-site support service vendors
– Collaborate with other departments in 8×8 to reduce time to value in delivery, increase customer retention, and channel input on product development.
– Strong experience in a telecommunication, technology, or IT field
– Proven experience in project management for customer facing software projects, preferably SaaS based
– Demonstrated experience with packaged application software implementation practices.
– Proven ability to work with teams of professionals with diverse technical and business backgrounds
– Ability to plan and manage logistics involving multiple teams
– Superior technical and business problem-solving skills
– Client-focused attitude and ability to be a customer advocate
– Experience interfacing with business clients, support groups and 3rd parties
– Proven experience working with project management techniques and tools
– General working knowledge of VoIP and Network technologies
– Strong organizational and analytical skills that include the ability to respond to changing needs and shifting priorities while minimizing project impact
– Strong presentation and leadership skills
– Strong verbal arid written communication skills
About the Company
8×8, Inc. (NYSE: EGHT) is the trusted provider of secure and reliable enterprise cloud communications solutions to more than 45,000 businesses operating in over 100 countries across six continents. 8×8’s out-of-the-box cloud solutions replace traditional on-premises PBX hardware and software-based systems with a flexible and scalable Software as a Service (SaaS) alternative, encompassing cloud business phone service, contact center solutions, and conferencing.
In today’s competitive market 8×8 continues to deliver service excellence, with a consistent, innovative, cohesive, progressive and dynamic culture.
For additional information, visit ***********, ************** or connect with 8×8 on LinkedIn,
Twitter, Google+ and Facebook
8×8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8×8 jobs located in the US: 8×8 participates in the E-Verify program.
View the Participant Poster in English | Espaol.
View the Right to Work Poster in English | Espaol.
for this job online
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.