Project Manager / Sr. Project Manager – (Finance and Actuarial)
Job no: ******
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Finance/Accounting, Project Management/Business Analyst
The Project Manager for the Finance and Actuarial operation will be responsible for managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of multiple financial processing projects of various sizes with timely, cost effective, and quality results.
Essential Job Functions:
* Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution, and delivery of projects to include the definition of project charters, budgets, and measures as well as developing project structures.
* Facilitate the day-to-day coordination of projects while adhering to standards and sponsor expectations while ensuring financial requirements are met.
* Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks to include financial analysis, measurement and evaluation of progress/quality/costs, developing action plans to address gaps throughout project life cycle, adherence to compliance processes, and problem resolution.
* Responsible for building and leading effective project teams within Finance & Actuarial and with IS collaboration, including developing and maintaining strong relationships with sponsors, stakeholders, vendors, customers, and teams while prioritizing projects and managing resources.
* Responsible for managing projects to implement or enhance financial business solutions.
* This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
* This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Project Manager essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr. Project Manager level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
* 5+ years of project management experience.
* Strong understanding of Financial and Accounting principles, applications and processes
* Strong communication, conflict resolution skills, and ability to influence others
* Ability to define issues, business needs, and implement solutions.
* Ability to adapt quickly to new business and technology.
* Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
* Knowledge of project management and change management methodologies.
* 4-6 years of business experience.
* Awareness of different technologies
* Ability to manage projects across technologies, departments, and business functions (SBU’s).
* Ability to apply the following skills:
* Interpersonal – effective verbal and written communication skills, resolves conflicts and effectively negotiates issue resolution, establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships, and displays strong facilitation skills.
* Leadership- advocates and leads change, supports team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments.
* Professional – understands and executes corporate project management processes and industry best practices which include, but are not limited to, building and executing a project plan, monitoring and controlling project work, managing scope, managing resources, ensuring quality control, maintaining effective communication with team and all stakeholders, managing risk, and monitoring and controlling project costs.
* Partnership – demonstrates customer focus and knowledge of product, functional and operational processes, business and technology systems and utilizes innovation and adaptability in solution definition with a results orientation.
* Bachelors in related field of study (Business Administration/Finance/Accounting)
* 5+ years of project management experience supporting finance and actuarial
* C.A.P.M (Certified Associate in Project Management).
* C.S.P (Certified Scrum Practitioner)
* Continuing professional education related to position (20 hours per year).
* Industry knowledge and application (2-5 business partners, use of 4-7 systems)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-************. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-************, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Jun 22, 2018 09:00 AM Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 6, 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.