Tracking Code MC-18-1080-F
Job Code 18-1080
Posting Title Proposal Developer
Post Date 6/20/2018
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel No Travel Required
Description PROPOSAL DEVELOPER (MC-18-1079-F):
As a Proposal Developer for Bowhead’s proposal department, you will assist our Proposal and Capture Managers by providing essential information gathering, coordination, communication, writing, editing, formatting, and print production support. Your support spans competitive and sole source proposals, RFIs and Sources Sought notices, and their relevant components (e.g., past performance citations, resumes, capability matrices, acronym lists, etc.) across our diverse Engineering, IT, Logistics, and Technology lines of business. As part of our Proposal Manager led, cross-functional, and geographically-dispersed teams, you interact with our senior corporate executives, program managers, business development and capture leads, pricers, and contracts specialists to deliver winning solutions to our large U.S. military and federal agency customer base.
Our ideal Proposal Developer candidate possesses:
– Strong attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally
– Demonstrable high-volume Federal proposal experience in a mid-sized or large business environment
– The ability to adhere to proposal development, review, and production schedules through strong time management
– The situational awareness to proactively communicate proposal-related questions, information gaps, schedule conflicts, workload imbalances to their supervisory Proposal Manager
– A strong understanding of routine proposal material and the ability to synthesize a generic Management section or Past Performance citation from our substantial stock proposal material and past performance repositories
– The ability to understand, use, and modify common Proposal Management templates and tools to include proposal outlines, proposal schedules, stock Past Performance citations, color team reviews and review briefs, etc.
– Familiarity with Microsoft Office, with advanced Microsoft Word skills strongly desired (e.g., document formatting, table manipulation, line spacing, header numbering through Word styles, etc.)
– Experience with Document Management Systems (e.g., Privia, Virtual Proposal Center, customized SharePoint environment, etc.), with Privia experience preferred
– Familiarity with the Shipley proposal process. Formal Shipley training is desired.
Our Proposal Developers routinely:
– Lead or assist in the development of specific proposal sections to meet requirements identified in RFPs and RFIs
– Substantially contribute to proposal content in a technical writer role
– Perform desktop publishing, formatting, copy editing, and proofreading of all content across both large and small proposal efforts
– Produce clear and accurate documents in a timely manner.
– Review proposals for improvement areas
– Coordinate information flow between multiple contributors
– Assist with the completion of a high-quality, on-time proposal response
– Assist in print production of proposals as required
– Develop, update, and maintain proposal information and proposal-related repositories for information that includes resumes, past performance, contracts data, and technical and management plans.
– Associates Degree or higher is preferred. Substantial experience in proposal support will be considered in lieu of formal education.
– Minimum of two year’s Federal proposal developer experience in a mid-sized or large government business environment is required.
– Requires proofreading and editing skills and the ability to understand, use, and modify common proposal management templates (proposal outlines, proposal schedules, stock Past Performance citations, color team reviews and review briefs, etc).
– Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Microsoft Word skills required (e.g., document formatting, table manipulation, line spacing, header numbering through Word styles, etc.).
– Experience with Privia document management system is highly desired.
– Formal training in Shipley proposal process desired. Recent extensive use of Shipley method may be considered in lieu of formal training.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at *****************, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (******************************************************
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY:
– Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
– Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
– The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.