Python Quality Engineer – Data
CGI is looking for strong Python Quality Engineer – Data with following skillset.
– Candidates should have very strong SQL skill and ETL Data testing skillset.
– Candidate should be good in data testing process, defect management with 6+ years of experience.
– Experience in big data (Hadoop) and Teradata applications preferred.
– Data analysis experience and Python language skill is preferred.
– Hands on experience in constructing simple to complex SQLs with joins, analytics functions, sub-queries
– Good Exposure to Toad, HIVE, Teradata, TABLEAU, ETL/Big Data Job processing validations.
– Excellent in data analysis and ability to analyze simple, medium and complex source to target mappings.
– Experience with report testing is good to have.
– Experience with data testing automation will be preferred.
– Good exposure to agile testing process.
– Should have excellent communication skill to interact with BA's and LOB and ability to lead the team and drive innovations.
Your future duties and responsibilities
– Candidates should have should be able to coordinate with the team and perform status reporting, as and when required.
– Candidates should be able to train and coach new team members on the Big Data testing and project-related knowledge topics
– Should engage more actively in liaising with other stakeholders like developers, data analysts, business analysts and scrum master(s) and operate independently.
– Should be able to make informed decisions on testing approaches and strategies and proactively communicate that with the stakeholders.
– Should be able to prepare and review test strategy documents, test summary reports etc
– Should be able perform root cause analysis independently and triage defects with development team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Skill set Years of experience Proficiency leve
Data Testing – Big Data/ETL Datawarehouse
Agile Testing process
SQL and Data Analysis
Python for Data Analysis
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
Skill set Years of experience Proficiency level
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.