Wolverine Advanced Materials, an entity of ITT Corporation s Motion
Technologies Division, is a leading developer and manufacturer of high
performance materials. Our core competency is in performance-critical,
specialty elastomer coated metals that offer damping and
seal-ability solutions in the automotive and gasket industries.
ITT is a diversified leading manufacturer of highly engineered
critical components and customized technology solutions for the
energy, transportation and industrial markets. Building on its
heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver
enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way
of life. Founded in 1920, ITT is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y.,
with employees in more than 35 countries and sales in a total of
approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2014 revenues of
$2.7 billion. For more information, visit *********** .
Motion Technologies is one of three ITT Value Centers focused on the
Transportation industry. The Motion Technologies Value Center
generates over $862M in revenues and is made up of three businesses.
Wolverine s Global Footprint:
We employ approximately 600 people worldwide, with global headquarters
in Dearborn, MI.
Sales and Technical Offices:
– Dearborn, Michigan
– Chennai, India
– Ohringen, Germany
– Shanghai, China
– Tokyo, Japan
– Blacksburg, VA
– Changshu, China
– Leesburg, FL
– Ohringen, Germany
Oversee, coordinate and support Program Manager with cross-functional
teams to ensure appropriate APQP and Quality-related process steps
utilizing quality tools and methodologies are utilized and thoroughly
executed on a timely basis to meet the WAM APQP system. Assess
programs to ensure compliance.
* Interface with all areas affected by the new or updated programs,
ensuring successful compliance to all WAM APQP requirements.
* Must demonstrate achievement orientation and initiative, concern
for order, quality and accuracy.
* Must be information seeking with a customer/stakeholder service
* Must be a strong team leader fostering teamwork, cooperation, and
relationship building while developing and leading others.
* Function as the leader for Quality on Program Teams and ensures
quality issues are resolved prior to launch of product (ensure
mature quality at launch).
* Ensure manufacturing process capability data is properly captured
and reported via process capability statistics.
* Ensure APQP and Quality-related process steps are being properly
and thoroughly executed by program teams.
* Ensure identification of key product and process characteristics
and deploy necessary controls to ensure specifications are met in
* Identify and ensures best process and product practices are used
across similar processes and products.
* Work with cross-functional teams to solve technical issues.
* Support and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational
guidelines related to established quality management system (TS
16949) and ISO14001.
* Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree (B.A.) from four year-college or university.
* 5-7 years experience in Manufacturing and Quality environment
working within a structured APQP System.
* Technical and commercial acumen with significant experience in
braking and sealing commodities for automotive applications
* At least 5 years of experience in the automotive or supplier
industry with APQP responsibilities or direct management of APQP
* High level of analytical ability; comprehensive understanding of
Advanced Quality Planning and PPAP processes.
* Strong quality mindset with working knowledge of statistical
process control and process capability statistics.
* Must demonstrate competency in WAM product/program design
fundamentals, automotive APQP processes, PPAP/ PSO processes,
manufacturing knowledge, and Quality.
* Certification or documented training in APQP, FMEA, CP, and other
Quality tools from a reputable training source.
* Strong leader with effective written and verbal communication
skills who will drive processes and resolve issues.
* Solid understanding of coating and stamping processes.
* Project management skills.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
* Contribute to continuous improvement of program management
processes and tools.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical specs and or
blueprints to identify CTQ and KPI s. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively obtain and present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
* Ability to use a personal computer and working knowledge of Word,
Power-Point Excel and Outlook.
* Able to be alert in a high-risk environment; follow detailed
procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data;
carefully monitor gauges, instruments, or processes; concentrate
on routine work details and maintain a system of records.
* Able to maintain high standards; do work right the first time and
inspect material for flaws; reinforce excellence as a fundamental
* Able to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and
promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with
other departments as necessary; support group decisions and seek
opinions from coworkers; and display team spirit.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.