Position Summary : Support the Supplier Quality for delivering all aspect
of the Supplier Quality Assurance function. Work in a team environment
with suppliers to develop and implement best practices that emphasis
defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for
continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. Collect
root cause analysis and provide corrective feedback to prevent line
stops due to supply issues. Manage the customer specific requirements
and offer technical support to suppliers. Responsible for ensuring
that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimize
quality cost and maximize customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that
procedures and processes are adhered to. Maintain the robustness to
product builds following new introductions to ensure continuity and
improvement in supplier capability.
Key Responsibilities :
* Carry out supplier validation audits, with supplier support and
supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP).
* Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to
define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process
capability is effective to meet product and process requirements.
* Lead the supplier approval process by assessing
manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and
* Support new product launches to ensure that supplier quality meet
the required standards.
* Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier
* Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and
verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues.
* Collate and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process
improvement opportunities with the supply chain
* Work with the supplier directly, create correction action plans to
address process failures.
* Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous
improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing)
Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects
* Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection
results relative to area of responsibility. In appropriate
functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test
status requirements defined by regulations, engineering product
specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process
(PPAP) approval or product warrant submission.
* Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in order to adhere to
process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relation to
product process or systems
* Managed and coordinate supplier Parts Per Million (PPM), supplier
problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty.
* Lead Quality Audits
* Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
ITT’s Control Technologies, headquartered in Valencia, Calif.,
provides fuel management, actuation, noise abatement and vibration
isolation components to the aerospace industry and customized and
standard products for precision motion control, energy absorption and
vibration isolation for industrial markets.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.