Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Capabilities Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
QC Inspector IV – Quality Assurance
What You’ll Do:
- Inspect/witness/monitor environmental testing, crane lifts and physical moves of hardware.
- Inspect assemblies for paint/coating application as called out by documentation.
- Witness testing of mechanical support equipment and validate upon successful completion of tested configuration.
- Maintain working knowledge of Ball Process Library.
- Perform basic dimensional inspections using micrometers, calipers, feeler gages, etc.
- Create and maintain First Article Inspection Reports, as required.
- Support Government and/or Customer Source Inspections, on-site, locally, and out of state, as required.
- Inspect incoming or production materials or articles for conformance to engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications; process standards and specifications; and production or process plans.
- Perform incoming test of components. Monitor for conformance to design or test specifications or standards.
- Accept or reject materials or articles; identify and document non-conformance and notify appropriate personnel of potential rejection of items.
- Refer/document unusual inspection problems to Supervision, Lead or Program Quality Engineer.
- Apply/enforce/comprehend accept/reject criteria and revision status from engineering drawings, MIL-specs, screening specs, or process certification training.
- Perform adhesion/polymeric inspections, to include but not limited to staking, bonding, encapsulation utilizing up to 10x magnification.
- Inspect per IPC Certifications: IPC J-STD-001 with Space Addendum Soldering for Operators & Inspectors (CIS), Assembly of Electronic Assemblies (IPC-A-610), IPC/WHMA-A620, Requirements for Cable & Wire Harness Assemblies. These certifications are not required, but preferred.
- Work with devices/hardware that are Electrostatic Discharge Sensitive.
- Witness or monitor functional/performance testing from piece part to end-item level.
- Obtain and maintain all certifications required for assigned tasks.
- Troubleshoot inspection problems related to hardware, software, drawings, documentation, or processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Basic knowledge on inspecting Cable/Wire Harness Assemblies.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $27.40 – $36.78 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.