Bringing Home Your Work Never Tasted So Good!
Herr Foods Inc. is a privately owned salty snack food manufacturer and distributor based in Nottingham, PA and we think our 1600+ employees are pretty spectacular! We are committed to making our Herr’s family business an enjoyable and profitable place to work.
ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO $250.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
We are currently seeking several qualified individuals for our Quality Assurance positions, to work in our Nottingham, PA facility!
- SCHEDULE: Weekdays or Weekends
HOURS: 3rd Shift – 11:00pm-7:00am (Monday-Friday)
2nd Shift – 3:30pm-3:30am (Friday-Sunday)
- Additional hours may be required due to business demands.
BENEFITS: This position is full-time benefit eligible, elective benefits include:
- Medical, dental, hearing and vision insurance.
- Opportunity to contribute to a 401k, company profit sharing.
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time.
- Paid Employee referral program.
Performs routine laboratory tasks by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Shadow the Quality Assurance Technician in the laboratory to learn and understand analysis of finished product. This is to learn the job so you are able to conduct the job unassisted.
- Conduct hourly lab test on finished product packages weight.
- Perform case packer quality audits including in-line inspections and in-line product dispositions.
- Perform statistical averaging of test results.
- Communicate test results to shift supervisor and other key personnel (process operators) as required.
- Operate x-ray machines to inspect and test products as required.
- Must be able to sample product and report the test results in a timely manner.
- Compile product, package, and ingredient data as required.
- Perform visual quality checks and locate products in the warehouse, production and storage environment.
- Ability to learn the testing processes and proper operating procedures for quality assurance lab equipment.
- Communicate issues and information between shifts as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license in the current state of residence.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English. Must be able to perform an adequate sensory analysis.
- Must possess a basic understanding of food science. Must pass a job-related assessment with a score of 70% or better. Must possess a stable work history with good references.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must have vision corrected to 20/30 or better.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Herr’s is proud to offer a variety of quality benefits and wellness programs where we have been recognized as a 5-time Well Workplace Award winner in the area! Elective benefits include medical, dental, vision and hearing insurance; long term disability, life insurance, accident, hospital and critical illness indemnity plans, and legal plans. The company also provides opportunities to contribute to a 401k, company profit sharing, vacation, sick and holiday pay; EAP services, and tuition reimbursement. Benefits start the first of the month following 30 days of service (unless otherwise noted in plan description).
Any questions about this position or any others, please contact the Human Resources department at 610-932-6500 or email@example.com
Herr Foods Inc.is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.