This position is remote and does not require regular in-office presence.
At Ameritas, our mission is Fulfilling Life. We do that in many ways, but especially by helping people invest in themselves by offering trusted financial products and advice. Because we believe everyone should be happy, healthy, and financially secure, we work hard to provide trusted financial products and valued guidance, including individual life and disability insurance, employee benefits, retirement planning, investments, and wealth management services.
Ameritas is seeking a Quality Assurance Lead to drive the business by owning responsibility for Information Technology quality assurance and quality control. Act as a QA professional to ensure quality in all project activities and deliverables. The focus for this role is on defect prevention and continuous improvement.
This role is responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan and test strategy; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. Perform testing on solutions with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems.
As a QA Lead, you will have the opportunity to shape and share ideas and tools that can make our people, processes, and systems better. Ensuring our technology is "fit for purpose" and "right the first time" allows us to provide a positive experience to our business partners and policyholders, effectively making Ameritas more approachable and touching more lives.
What you do
* Develop, write, and communicate test plans and test strategy
* Responsible for developing and executing tests for assigned work
* Coordinate and lead testing efforts and testers across multiple projects; reviewing all testing standards; and escalating concerns to the Manager.
* Oversee defect lifecycle
* Participate in production verification and checkout.
* Provide input into planning, designing, and executing tests for manual testing
* Provide training, mentoring, and guidance to other team members
* Determine and develop manual and automation testing approach to solutions
* Research requirements and validate proposed approaches
* Conduct reviews ensuring testability, accuracy, and consistency of requirements, technical designs and test grids
* Organize and facilitate testing risk analysis
* Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the QA/QC domain
* Create status reports with industry standard test metrics and also create project/task specific test metrics as necessary to gain insights
What you bring
* 4+ years of related QA/QC or similar work experience required
* Bachelor's degree required or equivalent amount of education and experience
* Knowledge/experience with basic testing methodology, test planning, and test case optimization required.
* Prior experience working in the Life Insurance Industry desired
* Prior experience with Jira, Jira X-Ray, Confluence, or similar tools desired.
* Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development, creation and reporting of test metrics
* Knowledge and hands-on experience working with software test automation strategies and development is highly preferred
* Practical knowledge and experience in distributed architectures, web service APIs (e.g. HTTP, REST, SOAP), microservices desired
* Knowledge of mobile (iOS and Android) testing desired
* Experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies desired
What we offer
* Our company motto is “Fulfilling Life” and we take that job seriously, with a heavy commitment to volunteering and community support, employee well-being, and providing quality products and services that help our customers create a brighter future.
* Being a mutual-based organization, the return on our investment goes back into the company, to benefit our members/customers.
* We’re committed to professional development, opportunity, inclusion, and diversity. Team building and collaboration are also priorities.
* A total rewards package with all the comprehensive health and welfare benefits you’d expect, including competitive pay and incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and time off to care for yourself and others.
* Additional popular benefits, including tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment, an incentivized well-being program, adoption assistance, paid time off for volunteering, training, and career development opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameritas has a reputation as a company that cares, and because everyone should feel safe bringing their authentic, whole self to work, we’re committed to an inclusive culture and diverse workplace, enriched by our individual differences. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that hires based on qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic, regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Salary range $74,737 to $112,106 per year
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.