As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will be the primary point of contact for all assigned departments regarding quality assurance. You will be responsible for verifying compliance with internal and external food safety and quality regulations. You will also interface with department leadership on a regular basis and provide guidance for implementation/execution of all corporate quality assurance plans and policies.
- Experience Required: 5 to 10 years
- Education Desired: Bachelors Degree
- Travel Required: Regional – Daily, 25 – 50%; Regional – Overnight, 25 – 50%
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external quality and food safety requirements for all assigned departments.
- Act as the primary point of contact for department leaders regarding quality assurance functions.
- Train, mentor and monitor all department Quality Assurance Specialists.
- Oversee development and maintenance of high-priority projects and processes based on both technical and project management experience and expertise.
- Provide strong guidance with regard to vendor assurance, product quality evaluations and sensory testing plans.
- Receive and analyze data collected during audits, sensory testing and product monitoring reviews.
- Create ongoing training and educational materials for departmental Team Members.
- Participate in the product recall process. Acting as a Recall Coordinator, issue product recalls and withdrawals when necessary.
- Actively monitor and provide guidance for label reviews and regulatory processes.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.