Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Position Summary: Maintains and monitors the quality system for the laboratory. Responsible for performing the technical requirements of the Quality Assurance department. Participates as an active team member to accomplish department goals and objectives. Adheres to departmental and laboratory policies and procedures including quality control and safety.
- Ensures compliance of all accrediting agency policies and laboratory procedures.
- Manages the laboratory Proficiency Testing (PT) program including but not limited to: tracks PT and linearity ordering, the distribution of proficiency testing samples to applicable departments, routing results for review, monitoring results and assisting with the initiation of corrective action if applicable.
- Assist with the everyday readiness for all laboratory accreditation, including but not limited to: assist with the coordination of activities associated with inspections, management of proficiency and linearity testing, maintain a library of applicable documentation, and track and coordinate follow-up for any unacceptable proficiency testing and laboratory deficiencies.
- Utilizes job knowledge, judgment, and problem solving skills to ensure quality.
- Utilizes technical skills and abilities to improve processes in the laboratory, by performing regular internal and off-site regional audits, recommend changes, and initiate corrective or preventative actions when appropriate.
- Initiates, coordinates and evaluates data collection using statistical methods.
- Prepare quality reports to include specific monitors as defined by department management, and participates/presents data in applicable QM meeting(s).
- Assist in the identification of relevant quality related training needs and assist laboratory management with creating training plans/programs to personnel.
- Manage the delayed specimen account ensuring accessions on the account are cleared in a timely manner, maintaining effective communication with remote sites, and communicate to department management when trends are noticed and training of remote sites is needed.
- Actively contributes and participates in Quality Management programs for the main laboratory and regional laboratories.
- Performs document control functions for all laboratory procedures as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and /or special projects as assigned.
Scope: Promotes quality client/patient relations and creates a supportive climate by serving as a role model to the rest of the laboratory. Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to the laboratory. Works with minimal direction. Operates general office equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computer keyboards and CRT, printers, copiers, and fax machines. Effectively communicates via written, verbal, face-to-face, telephone and computer methods.
Education: At least 2 years degree in laboratory science. MLT (ASCP) or MLS (ASCP) certification or equivalent required.
Minimum – 5 years laboratory experience
Preferred – 2 years of Quality Assurance experience in the clinical laboratory
Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel. Strong attention to detail. Possess excellent organizational skills. Able to produce accurate and professional documents. Communicate effectively with all levels in the laboratory and with laboratory clients.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the QA Manager.
Physical Requirements: Requires light to medium lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires manipulation of tools, objects, and equipment using the following physical motions: pushing, pulling, lifting, reaching above shoulder height, grasping with both hands, pinching with thumb and forefinger, twisting with hand and wrist, climbing under, lifting up, lifting down, and reaching under. Routinely requires coordination of two or more physical operations. Routinely requires visual discrimination of color, size, shape, and motility.
Environmental Demands: Works in temperature controlled environment with constant exposure to biological and chemical hazards. May be required to operate fire and safety equipment or follow other safety procedures in an emergency situation. May be required to work with time constraints and in crisis situations.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.