At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Quantitative Analytics Data Modeling Analyst within PNC’s Business Analytics Group organization, you may be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH, Raleigh, NC, Wilmington, DE, NYC or Tyson’s Corner, VA areas.
- Under general supervision, performs advanced quantitative analyses and models development to support decision-making by running quantitative strategies.
- Analyzes and develops new model frameworks by supporting the line of business. Refines, monitors, and reviews existing models. Conducts on-going communication with model owners and model developers during the course of the review. Works with large data to create models.
- Performs quantitative analysis and develops reports. Performs qualitative and quantitative assessments of all aspects of models including theoretical aspects, model design and implementation as well as data quality and integrity. Analyzes complex data and associated quantitative analysis.
- Uses quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze model risks and reaches conclusions on strengths and limitations of the model.
- Prepares and analyzes detailed documents for validation and regulatory compliance, using applicable templates.
Manages Risk – Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Predictive Analytics – Working Experience
- Knowledge of tools, methods and processes used to make business predictions; ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
Consulting – Basic Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications – Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
TESTING – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to plan, implement and manage testing strategies, policies and practices that assure the delivery of high quality applications.
Data Gathering and Reporting – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Regulatory Environment – Financial Services – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Quantitative Techniques – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze risks.
Bank Quantitative Analysis – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use numerical methods to develop statistical models for devising trading strategies.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.