Quantum Signal seeks a highly motivated Jr. IT/DevOps Engineer who is committed to excellence and excited about maintaining and scaling IT infrastructure, streamlining deployment processes, improving automation, monitoring and tuning instrumentation, and supporting general IT needs across the business while collaborating with developers, research engineers, and business operations.
We are a research and development company that works with clients to build new products and technologies based on state-of-the-art algorithms and software. Products and technologies include robot simulators, autonomous vehicle technologies, tools for forensic labs, and more. We are headquartered in Saline, MI, three miles south of Ann Arbor. Due to the nature of work we do, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Maintain, enhance, and scale infrastructure in on-premise environments
- Manage and respond to system monitoring tools
- Work with other teams on operational considerations of software design and delivery
- Support system administration of all production, test and development systems
- Implement and manage automated release management tools
- Analyze systems and processes to identify improvement opportunities. Create scripts, templates, and utilities to automate repetitive tasks
- Create disaster recovery plans and test the procedures on stand-in server hardware
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Support IT needs, troubleshooting employee hardware and software issues, identifying users’ needs, abilities, and limitations
- Manage hardware inventory, acquisition, and IT aspects of employee on/off-boarding
- Assign, revise, or revoke user permissions and passwords on various systems and applications
- Maintain local networks, printers, phone systems, and software upgrades
- Ensure appropriate and up-to-date documentation is maintained on all systems
Qualifications – Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, information services or related field, or advanced certification in systems administration – MCSE/VCAP/VCIX/VCDX
- Hands-on experience with hardware and software installation, testing and operation
- Familiarity with: Windows 7 & 10 administration, Windows Server install and configuration, Active Directory implementation and administration, Windows Group Policy implementation and testing, Windows Security, Office 365 administration, VMware VSphere, Redhat/CentOS Linux
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Exposure to version control systems like SVN, Git, Bitbucket
- Experience with software process automation using scripting languages like Bash, Python, PowerShell
- US Citizenship is required
Why Quantum Signal?
Job position is located in the great town of Saline, MI, 3 miles south of Ann Arbor. Salary is flexible based on knowledge/experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance, (all effective on first day of hire) 401k, summer staff BBQ’s, Game Nights and more.
We offer a competitive salary with potential for bonuses, generous benefits, flexible hours, fun and relaxed environment, casual dress code, the opportunity to learn new technologies and work on some really cool projects.
If you are ready for a challenging opportunity in IT, email us your resume and cover letter!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com