STV currently has an opening in our Hartford, CT office for a Rail/Transit Senior Project Manager in our Transportation and Infrastructure division. The Senior Project Manager will manage Rail/Transit projects and be responsible for planning, scope development, design management, and design services during construction for all assigned capital projects. Candidate should work independently with multi-discipline A&E disciplines managing large program. The SPM will be responsible to manage all the major activities and allocate the resources.
In the role of Senior Project Manager, we'll count on you to:
- Take responsibility for all aspects of client and design-team management of Rail Projects including Rail Transit Facilities
- Coordinate the planning and environmental process; manage the assembly of plans, specifications and construction estimate packages
- Serve as a technical expert with recognized authority in an area of specialization that resolves problems of greater scope and complexity while planning and developing projects or designing activities that have significant impact on major company programs
- Be able to plan, organize and supervise work of medium to large staff of professionals and technicians
- Serve as Senior Project Manager on larger projects as needed; project management is not sole focus of position
- Serve as a high-level point of contact between the client and STV
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in railway engineering and managing complex multidisciplinary railway projects
- CT PE License is a must
- Skilled in technical report writing, communicating including presenting to clients and the public
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team on railway projects
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, or a satisfactory equivalent, and a minimum of fifteen (15) years of satisfactory, full-time related experience, including at least five (5) years of managerial/supervisory experience.
- Significant experience in project management for capital projects of major magnitude and scope, including at least ten years of architectural/engineering, design, and construction project management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Rail/Transit design standards
- Familiarity with transit operations and facilities.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Total Rewards Package includes:
Competitive Compensation – Competitive level of compensation and potential incentive programs to recognize our high-performance teams and individuals.
Retirement Planning – A competitive 401k program including employer contributions of cash and stock (based on the employee contribution), and a discretionary annual contribution to the plan.
Health & Wellness – STV’s programs include rich and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans with current options for telehealth; and prescription, healthcare and dependent care FSAs, disability and company sponsored life insurance.
Paid Time Off – STV’s PTO program will provide you with the balance between working and time for you and your family away from the office. Additionally, you would receive paid company holidays and two personal days to use at your discretion. The personal days provide employees with more flexibility and choice in observing holidays that are personally or culturally important.
Professional Licenses & Societies – STV encourages employees to pursue professional licensure and to join professional societies by providing reimbursement for licensure (100% reimbursement upon passing) and membership costs.
Educational Reimbursement – STV’s Continuing Education program is available to encourage employees to obtain a base of academic knowledge to support their professional development and growth. Reimbursement is up to the IRS allowable, per calendar year.
Career & Personal Development – STV has developed a wide range of learning and development plans enhancing our employee's skills while bringing out the best in them.
Wellness and Work-Life Balance Support
Family and Personal Life – We recognize balancing work with family or personal life can be difficult. STV supports our employees in accomplishing this with FMLA, and other time off options to accommodate family and life changes. We also offer an EAP that serves as a work life balance resource.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – We are committed to building a safe, happy and healthy community and we have many different programs in place to support this. STV’s Employee Assistance Program is available as a resource to our employees and their family members regarding work-life issues such as childcare, elder care, stress management, college planning, and smoking cessation, just as a few examples.
Well-being – The well-being of our employees is our top priority. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. Our Health and Wellness at Work program, as well as our Employee Assistance Program, are just some of the things programs in place to ensure our employees stay healthy in all areas of their lives.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.