Ready to put your PMC Project Management skills to work on complex, urban projects? Are you great with people and have a track record working with teams to get the job done?
Parsons is now hiring a Senior Field Project Manager with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community. In this role you will: manage all onsite activities for a medium sized project, or a subtask of a larger project, in accordance with the project schedule. This includes directing and coordinating subcontractor activities in accordance with project/client procedures, scope of work, and contract specifications. Serves as the primary point of contact with the client for all site activities related to assigned area(s) of responsibility. Willingness to relocate to job site is expected. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience at a senior level, will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Project Managers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Establishes project schedule and budget for all onsite activities, and monitors progress in meeting schedule and budget requirements.
- Develops project documents, processes, and procedures required to support quality control and final project deliverables.
- Determines number of hours required for successful completion of project tasks.
- Anticipates project staffing needs, identifies and interviews available personnel, and makes staffing assignments in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Establishes objectives and conducts performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Establishes a project safety plan and ensures that it is communicated to all employees on the job site.
- Actively promotes and supports safety policies and monitors the job site for good safety practices. Posts all required legal notices at the job site. Establishes site security measures and monitors site access by subcontractors and others.
- Chairs weekly job meetings; prepares and submits summary of project progress and pending issues to Project Manager.
- Submits monthly reports to client, and responds to client issues and expectations.
- Under general direction of the Project Manager, prices and negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and subcontractors.
- Reviews bid documents and assists with bidder solicitation activities.
- Documents and executes changes in scope of project.
- Anticipates problems and works with client, architects/engineers, subcontractors, and Project Manager to identify and implement corrective actions.
- Keeps client and Project Manager informed of the day-to-day activities of the project.
- Maintains accurate documentation of job progress through daily logs and other reports.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or construction related field (or equivalent)
- 12 years' related work experience is required, with 5 years in a lower level managerial/leadership role at a field site
- Enrollment in PM certification program is preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to perform in a management capacity
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.