The Data Scientist is part of a Global Data and Analytics Center of Excellence, which provides design, development, consulting, and support services to various international markets. The Data Scientist will analyze data to identify relevant patterns and trends that can be leveraged to improve our business. Using these insights, the role will develop and implement advanced analytics solutions that deliver significant cost savings and/or drive new business opportunities for the organization.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Build and use business subject matter expertise around domains of data through heavy collaboration with business subject matter experts. Develop a thorough understanding of business challenges and business opportunities that can be addressed through analytics solutions.
- Determine valuable data sources and consolidate data from multiple sources into comprehensive datasets.
- Apply advanced statistical analysis to discover patterns and trends in large and complex datasets that can be used to uncover key business insights.
- Develop advanced statistical models, using appropriate statistical techniques and analytics tools and technologies such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Work in accordance with an iterative development process that allows for continual refinement and validation of analytics solutions.
- Present relevant analytical insights to business and project teams and make informed proposals for how to properly interpret and use this information.
- Identify appropriate technical approaches and tools to build and execute models.
- Work closely with other business and technical teams to operationalize and integrate analytical solutions into existing business and customer-facing applications.
- Balance the constraints of cost, time, and quality to deliver viable and practical solutions
- Participate in Martin Brower global data governance processes to ensure data is both managed and used consistently and is compliant with enterprise standards.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of related technical experience.
- Strong technical orientation with experience modeling, cleansing, transforming, and analyzing large sets of data.
- Applied knowledge of modern analytics concepts, tools, and solution architectures.
- Capability to identify appropriate use cases for advanced analytics applications (predictive models, AI/ML, streaming analytics).
- Demonstrated knowledge and real-world application of analytics platforms and technologies including, but not limited to, Microsoft Azure, Snowflake, Power BI
- Demonstrated experience understanding and using common industry standard statistical analysis programming languages and packages such as Spark, R, Python, Scala, SPSS and SAS.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to the analysis and interpretation of data.
- At least 4 years of experience in a business intelligence, analytics or data science role within a global or multinational organization, in which the following occurred:
- Designed and implemented multiple advanced analytics solutions (predictive, prescriptive, machine learning, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an iterative and agile development environment
- Worked as a member of a formal analytics team or related business functional group
- Developed and implemented integrated global analytics solutions across multiple countries/markets
- Developed subject matter expertise to the point of being sought out for information and advice in the analytics domain
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop collaborative and lasting working relationships with business stakeholders.
- Proven ability to collaborate with IT and business teams working at remote locations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to travel as needed for projects. Estimated to be no more than 10% per year.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Post graduate degree in Engineering, Advanced Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
- Technical Certification in Data Engineering, Data Architecture and/or Data Science
- Experience within the distribution or Food Service industry
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.