The Senior Data Analyst is a role defined within the Global Data and Analytics Center of Excellence, which provides design, development, consulting and support services to various markets. The Center of Excellence is comprised of experts in Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse software platforms, Data Architecture, Data Engineering, Data Visualization, and Data Science. The Senior Data Analyst will design and develop modern and innovative Global Analytics solutions to support Martin Brower’s strategic product and service offerings. In addition, this role will assist in establishing and enforcing the use of design and development best practices across those solutions. This role reports to the Lead Data Analyst.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Design and develop Global Reports and Analytics using modern data visualization tools
- Work with business stakeholders to define data and report specifications
- Understand and prioritize business requirements while managing the expectations of stakeholders
- Align disparate business teams and stakeholders in the use of common Global Analytics metrics and standards
- Apply modern UI/UX design to customer-facing analytics solutions that helps drive adoption
- Define and advocate analytics best practices in the areas of data modeling, data wrangling, data visualization and data storytelling
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to anticipate future data and analytics needs and strategic opportunities
- Execute a portfolio of analytics projects that enable growth of the Martin Brower business, including enabling technologies such as self-service discovery and analytics that make it easier for Martin Brower personnel to use data to drive decisions, reduce costs, and optimize Martin Brower supply chain processes.
- Establish strong, strategic partnerships with key IT contacts, supply chain partners, Martin Brower senior leadership, and end users.
- Participate in Martin Brower global data governance processes to ensure data is both managed and used consistently and is compliant with enterprise standards.
- Participate in and drive strategy and execution for projects as appropriate.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of related technical experience.
- Strong understanding of business process analytics and/or business process management, including common methods for deriving business value from data.
- Deep understanding and hands-on development experience within the Microsoft Power BI application, including data refresh methods, data modeling, data transformation, DAX functions, visualization techniques, content deployment and administration.
- Understanding and experience with application of modern UI/UX interfaces within data visualization solutions S
- trong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- At least 4 years of experience in a business or business-facing IT role within a global or multinational organization, in which the following occurred:
- Demonstrated capabilities for analyzing business needs and finding solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge and real-world application of modern Business Intelligence tools
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining sophisticated analytics solutions in Microsoft Power BI
- Developed customer-facing business reports and dashboards using modern data visualization and UI/UX techniques
- Defined and/or employed the use of report design best practices in the areas of dimensional data modeling, UI/UX, and report performance
- Worked successfully in both Customer- and Business-facing roles
- Gathered business requirements and translated into data and/or report specifications
- Conceptualized efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Developed both functional and technical subject matter expertise
- Proven ability to collaborate with IT and business teams working at remote locations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to travel as needed for projects. Estimated to be 10% per year.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Post graduate degree
- Technical Certification
- Experience with the common application of Supply Chain KPIs and analytics
- Experience working both in a business and IT role
- Experience as a liaison between IT and business
- Experience within the distribution or Food Service industry
- Familiarity with data science concepts like statistical modeling, machine learning and forecasting models with an ability to explain them to non-technical audiences
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.