A global business services company is seeking a strong Senior Systems Engineer to join their enterprise technology organization to support once of their major sites in the UK as they go through with a large acquisition! This individual will design and implement various applications, servers, environments and related services and will be responsible for implementing, managing, installing & upgrading our Linux environments that include Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, RedHat Linux and RedHat OpenShift.
– Responsible for the administration, and deployment of server hardware, Linux/Unix Operating Systems, RedHat OpenShift Container Platform (RHOCP), corr back office services, and business critical applications.
– Perform engineering and Tier 3 level support for a wide array of enterprise technology solutions.
– Create technical documentation related to system configurations, process, procedure, and knowledgebase articles.
The ideal candidate should have a proven background in Linux/unix Engineering and should be well-versed in automation and devops practices in order to be successful. This is a permanent, fully remote opportunity that does require an on-call shift every 4 weeks.
– 4+ years of system administration and engineering experience (Linux/Unix)
– Experience with containerization products such as Docker, Kubernetes, and RedHat OpenShift
– Strong scripting skills – bash, powershell, python, perl, etc.
-Hands-on experience with VMware ESX 5 or similar virtualization technology
– Experienced in Devops practices or has the interest in being trained on devops
– Strong communication skills and analytical problem solving skills and experience holding Lead responsibilities (taking ownership of issues, guiding other team members, etc.)
– Experience working with technical and business stakeholders
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.