About Our Career Opportunity
Summit Medical Group is seeking to hire a full-time Reporting & DBA Analyst.
The Reporting & DBA Analyst is responsible for developing and running Summit Medical Group’s clinical, business, and financial strategic reports and solutions, as well as designing, maintaining, archiving, and restoring SQL databases. This position plays a key role in the production of clinical, financial, and business reports, registries for outcomes, quality reporting, evidence-based medicine, and clinical research, and database maintenance. This position will work independently and as part of a team to meet department and organizational goals. **This position is hybrid and requires work in-office in Knoxville, TN several days per week**
- Provides recommendations relative to clinical informatics and business reporting (as it relates to informatics).
- Develops SQL, ETLs, and XML; creates and runs reports for various SMG service lines (including patient services, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services, Financial services, risk adjustment, value-based care, credentialing, practice sites, etc.).
- Collaborates with vendors and IT technical staff to develop the data mining processes that turn raw data into information that is utilized to drive organizational performance reporting, both clinical and administrative.
- Advises management of clinical data warehouse needs, including programming needs, modification of existing informatics or addition of new informatics, and the use of report writing tools as it relates to clinical and decision support reporting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of database structure languages, such as SQL or (SQL/PSM)
- Familiarity with database management best practices
- Informs manager of trends, problems, and activities in the organization and/or industry pertaining to clinical and business informatics in order to facilitate appropriate strategy and planning.
- Creates and produces SMG dashboards, scorecards, registry reports and other visual explanations.
- Makes recommendations that improve efficiency, accuracy, and functionality of clinical and business information within these venues.
- Collaborates with Decision Support team members to design, develop and recommend new meaningful and relevant enterprise and site-specific reporting solutions.
- Identifies inefficiencies and duplication in reporting and redesigns workflow to eliminate waste.
- Ability to design and configure SQL backup strategy and recovery methodologies with alerting and logging
- Database Engine SQL Server features such as SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS
- Assist architecture team during SQL patch deployment and maintenance
- Install and configure new Microsoft SQL Servers
- Optimize queries, stored procedures and server performance
- Establish monitoring, backup, restore, and disaster recovery
- Provide comprehensive and clear documentation for all new database builds, redevelopments, enhancements, for standard operational procedure
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Previous Work Experience:
- Five years’ experience in data science, database administration, and/or decision support within a healthcare environment.
- Descriptive analysis and reporting including the identification, development, and maintenance of key performance indicators and business rules.
- Quality of care metrics including HEDIS, STARS, Physician Quality measures, etc.
- Previous use of big data tools, functional knowledge of database concepts and query tools.
- Predictive modeling to identify future probabilities and trends, make recommendations, and find relationships not readily apparent with descriptive analysis preferred.
- Familiarity with risk adjustment and claims groupers used in payment including HCC model, DRG groupers, and Episode groupers preferred.
Summit Medical Group is East Tennessee’s largest primary care organization with more than 400 providers at 87 practice locations in 18 counties. Summit also consists of four diagnostic centers, mobile diagnostic services, eight physical therapy centers, four express clinics, central laboratory, and sleep services center. Summit provides healthcare services to more than 370,000 patients, averaging over one million encounters annually. For more information, visit www.summitmedical.com
In addition to our commitment to the health of our community, our organization is also committed to the health of our employees through our employee Wellness Program. Employees receive a discounted monthly insurance premium if they actively participate in the wellness program. Furthermore, Summit Medical Group hires only non-tobacco users. Pre-employment drug testing will include testing for nicotine, and only candidates who pass the drug test will be considered eligible for employment.
Apply for this job online
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.