Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser
to experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?Log
C++ Developer – Computer Graphics
Job Locations US-NC-Cary
Research and Development
SAS is a leader in analytics. SAS Software Developers create the
world s finest data analysis tools. They provide our customers the
power to know, producing intelligence from the largest and most
complicated data. High quality software is at the core of our
business, and we re looking for people who have the talent and
dedication to make our products the best.
Our data visualization libraries are engineered for portability and
are used prominently in many exciting SAS applications like Visual
Analytics, Mobile BI for iOS/Android/Windows, Customer Intelligence,
Fraud Analytics, and Event Stream Processing. These products cover a
wide range of industries with a diverse set of use-cases, so our teams
are challenged to solve problems across many software domains,
including: computer networking, databases, data processing, algorithm
design, compression, code generation, compilers and grammars,
parallelized systems, memory optimization, mobile and web design, and
As a valued team member, you will join other highly motivated
engineers that share your passions for data visualization and for
delivering excellent software.
* Design and Develop enterprise-quality data visualization
* Implement components of this framework in the C++ programming
language. This includes debugging problems in the code, coding for
bug fixes and for new features, testing, revising and presenting
* Build and maintain automated systems for quality and performance
* Help internal customers use our software via documentation,
* Specialize in multi-platform C++ libraries and big data
Other responsibilities for this role include:
* Designs, writes and revises new or existing program language code;
* Proactively solicits the involvement of team members to ensure
integrity and cross-product consistency
* Performs testing of software; verifies, tracks, and fixes bugs;
modifies software design, as necessary.
* Develops software tools in support of specific projects
* Discusses technical and design issues with users and customers;
anticipates time needed to complete projects and assists in
* Designs, develops, and ensures quality of various prototype and
* Prepares and conducts system and program tests requiring the
interfacing of hardware and software.
* Determines hardware compatibility and develops compatible code as
* Performs programming tasks including program design, coding,
debugging, and documentation.
* Prepares feasibility studies and designs tests to determine
operating characteristics of software as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
* Proficiency with software fundamentals
* Experience in C++
* Experience or educational background in computer graphics or game
* Strong low-level programming skills
* Interest in data visualization.
* Knowledge of 2D and 3D computer graphics techniques.
* Experience with modern compilers and tools for building modern C++
* Experience composing unit tests and using unit testing frameworks
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit.
We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that
makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate:
technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers,
good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be
ready to make an impact.
Equivalent combination of education, skills and experience may be
considered in place of qualifications listed above. SAS is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or
any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position
will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and
experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to
technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To
comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or
citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects
this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not
use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us
on LinkedIn LinkedIn Logo
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.