Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser
to experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?Log
Cloud DevOps Engineer
Job Locations US-NC-Cary
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work.
Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic
work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture
that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from
anywhere. Whether you’re a university recruit, or an experienced
professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks,
passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Our SAS Cloud IT team is working in a dynamic devops environment
applying new technologies and implementing methods to deploy, support,
and operate Software as a Service (SaaS) research and development
products in cloud environments. Our current focus is working in the
Amazon (AWS) Cloud environment. We are looking for eager, talented
engineering candidates to help us continue to develop, innovate,
evolve and scale our solutions.
As a Cloud Technical Architect you will have the opportunity to work
with cross-functional teams to develop and deliver SAS products, new
deployment methodologies, automation, and operating infrastructure.
Your role will include operations support, problem solving, technical
skills in containerization, monitoring, security, Linux systems,
solution integration, and code development.
The team develops using Agile methodologies and continues to embrace a
devops culture. SAS not only seeks the right skills, but also a
cultural fit. We strive for colleagues who will contribute to the
unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. The total
candidate will bring: technical skills, culture fit, relationship
skills, problem solving, good communication and, of course,
innovation. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
* Support for deployments and operational support of pre-production
and production environments and strong collaboration with product
* Develop and leverage automation in support of deployments and
operational best practices
* Work regularly with AWS services and tooling, storage, networking,
containers, access control, and authentication methodologies
* Support and enhance operational tooling including enabling
continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) system for SaaS
* Assess complex technical problems and take initiative and
ownership of projects with minimal guidance
* Opportunity to influence direction for organizational and company
* Demonstrate a pattern of continuous learning by researching new
technologies and software products
* Assist with special projects and technologies, as assigned.
* Willing to participate in on-call rotational assignments
* Be capable, creative, and adaptable; wanting to transform cloud
operations and application delivery
* Programming proficiency with one or more SW development languages
(ex. java, python, node.js, go, angular)
* Experience delivering cloud based, multi-tenant secure solutions
* Experience with Linux server applications and infrastructure in a
technologically diverse IT environment.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) products and
* Understand container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
* Knowledge of DevOps processes for continuous integration (CI) and
continuous deployment pipelines (CD). Tools such as Jenkins,
Hudson, or Terraform
* Experience using source code control in GIT
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field
or equivalent experience.
* AWS Certification
* Passion for continuous learning and mastering computer-related
* Must be a proactive, self-directed, detail-oriented, independent
worker with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to write clear and concise project documents, process and
* Adept at working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be
determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS
employees performing certain job functions may require access to
technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To
comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or
citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects
this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not
use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us
on LinkedIn LinkedIn Logo
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.