Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser
to experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?Log
Data Scientist – Fraud And Security Intelligence (Field/Demo
Job Locations US-NC-Cary
We re looking for a Data Scientist to join our Field Engineering team
with hands on experience applying SAS analytics to a variety of
complex customer challenges. Are you interested in an exciting, fast
paced position to work with a small team to build out compelling
demonstration systems, work on high value proof of concepts, define
methodology, collaborate and educate, research, prototype and develop
new tools and solutions? Read on
In this position you will with work independently and with other field
engineers, R&D teams, pre-sales subject matter experts(SMEs),
professional services and customers to create high value compelling
demonstrations, proof of concepts as well as internal and external
software products using a mashup of existing and emerging technology.
Your experience with machine learning, advanced analytics will be
leveraged for customer engagements where you ll develop
Statistical/DM/ML/AI models using the latest SAS Viya methods; you ll
also be responsible for formalizing intellectual property for our
existing solutions (AML, FCO, and others); Most importantly, you ll be
responsible for defining our analytics methodology and field
enablement/education of the methodology (you re the champion).
Finally, you ll be leveraged to apply your analytic skills to identify
areas where ML and AI can be injected into our solutions. We are
looking for someone who enjoys working on creative problems, has well
rounded experience with statistical, supervised/unsupervised methods,
and text analytics. Finally, someone enjoys working with others and
who is not limited by a one size fits all approach.
Essential Required Skills and Experience:
* Master s degree or higher in a quantitative field.
* Consulting experience, delivering analytic work products (models,
rules and methodology)
* Breadth of experience with analytics (stat, ml, text, network
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
* Thrive on learning new technologies. You have hands-on experience
with SAS and at least one other language like Python or R.
* In addition to having an intimate knowledge data mining and
machine learning, you understand how the pieces fit together
scoring, decision-ing, investigation, monitoring, simulation,
retraining and DOCUMENTATION.
* Work both independently and cooperatively, taking initiative to
learn and develop your skills.
* Work independently and take responsibility for a product or
feature from concept to launch.
* Define solution analytic methodology, IP and end to approach.
* Write maintainable code that s easy to read.
* Test the software you write for reliability and robustness.
* Peer review and embrace criticism of your own code.
* Partner on projects and be a considerate collaborator when working
* You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a
* Ability to travel as the job requires (@25%).
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience
may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
* SAS programming experience
* Experience delivering with one or more SAS solutions (AML, SFM,
SFF, or VI) creating and/or delivering clear, understandable APIs
* Interest in Real Time Systems
* Experience working on a distributed team
Location: Cary NC
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit.
We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that
makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate:
technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers,
good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be
ready to make an impact.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be
determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS
employees performing certain job functions may require access to
technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To
comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or
citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects
this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not
use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us
on LinkedIn LinkedIn Logo
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.