Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser
to experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?Log
Server-Side Application Developer – Fraud and Security
Job Locations US-NC-Cary
Research and Development
This position is for a server-side application developer on SAS Visual
Investigator, a part of the SAS Fraud and Security Intelligence
product suite. SAS Visual Investigator is a cloud-ready investigation
and incident management solution that allows customers to analyze
large structured and unstructured data sources. Users can create,
triage and manage alerts; perform detailed investigations; and
disseminate the resulting insights. The product provides a
customizable platform for other SAS teams and external developers to
create a new generation of investigative applications using the very
latest SAS technologies. Solutions developed on top of SAS Visual
Investigator today address areas such as anti-money laundering, child
welfare, counterterrorism and law enforcement intelligence.
We are looking for a Java developer to help build our intelligence
solution. Responsibilities include collaborating with team members to
implement innovative approaches to real world problems, enhancing the
product to meet ever changing customer demands, assisting in writing
external and internal documentation, providing support to existing and
new customers, and performing other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
* Minimum 5 years of software development experience.
* Minimum 3 years of experience with Java, Spring framework and REST
* Experience building scalable, reliable, event-driven distributed
* Ability to learn and explore new and emerging technologies.
* Ability to lead design and development of components with minimal
* Ability to formulate and adhere to good development and testing
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience
may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
* Experience with Agile development practices.
* Experience with unit, regression, and integration testing.
* Experience performing code reviews and mentoring team members.
* Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Energetic, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
* Hard-working and motivated, able to take initiative and meet
* Unix OS development environment experience.
* Experience analyzing and optimizing the performance of distributed
* Experience building real-time streaming data pipelines
* Experience with SQL and databases such as Oracle, MySQL, or
* Experience with Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry or Amazon Cloud
* Experience with Elasticsearch or other search technologies.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit.
We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that
makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate:
technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers,
good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be
ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be
determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS
employees performing certain job functions may require access to
technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To
comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or
citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects
this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not
use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us
on LinkedIn LinkedIn Logo
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.