Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser
to experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?Log
Solutions Architect – Global Technology Practice
Job Locations US-NC-Cary
We are looking someone to join our team who assists sales teams,
pre-sales teams, and senior and executive management to maximize
revenue opportunities. As part of the Global Technology Practice, you
will ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction with a
specific focus on the integration of the SAS analytics platform into
the broader architecture and strategy of the customer. This role
involves understanding the entire SAS portfolio of technology, with
emphasis on SAS Viya, and its integration and installation methods,
alongside other technologies. You will work closely with Product
Management, global enablement and delivery teams, pre-sales systems
engineers, partners, and R & D to define technology direction based on
market and customer demands to continue the growth of our business.
You should have the capability to represent the entire SAS technology
suite of products/solutions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
* Understand detailed customer requirements and how SAS can
competitively achieve them
* Build a trusted relationship with team members at all levels
within the Practice as part of providing practical and theoretical
guidance in the business value of the proposed solution and set
proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
* Clearly articulate the breadth and value of the entire SAS
platform including SAS Viya,
* Clearly state how the SAS technologies differentiate SAS from the
competition, to empower sales/pre-sales to identify opportunities
and successfully position SAS, and/or to 3rd parties such as
partners, analysts or the press
* Assist in defining best practices for delivery and implementation
of SAS solutions for IT.
* Work proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and
other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities,
cross-training and knowledge transfer.
* Work with Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and R & D
groups to validate market driven sales approaches to support
strategic initiatives and ensure customer and market direction
input is reflected in ongoing releases.
* Foster relationships with client personnel at project and
* Identify enterprise-wide view of gaps and identify opportunities
to leverage software technologies to eliminate those gaps
* Communicate functional and technical differentiators and how SAS
provides value for the enterprise.
* Present to executive level audiences the SAS technology
* Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering,
MIS, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
* 5 years of enterprise software experience working in the support,
architecture or delivery space with data or analytics focus.
Experience as part of a pre-sales team is a benefit.
* Experience with one or more major cloud environments such as
Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
* Programming skills with one or more modern languages (scripted or
compiled) e.g. KSH, Python, Perl, C, C++, Java
* Ability to Travel (domestic and international) as business
requirements dictate at management discretion
* Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare,
OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes
* Knowledge of sales and pre-sales techniques within the technology
* Understanding of modern DevOps patterns, tools, and methods
* Hardware knowledge of storage, network, CPU, and memory
* Linux Operating System knowledge
* Demonstrated ability to present to wide variety of audiences from
technical to C-suite
* Strong customer presentation, demonstration, and interaction
* Strong problem solving, organizational, decision-making skills
* Knowledge of SAS technology, architecture, and resources
* Experience with SAS, R, or other statistical language
* Understanding of Hadoop and related technologies
* Ability to build materials for enablement activities and
demonstrated delivery capability
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Experience working across multiple geographies
* Experience working across industries including, but not limited to
retail, financial services, communications, high tech,
manufacturing, government, and healthcare
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit.
We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that
makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate:
technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers,
good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be
ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be
determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS
employees performing certain job functions may require access to
technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To
comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or
citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects
this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not
use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us
on LinkedIn LinkedIn Logo
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.