Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser
to experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?Log
Sr IT Project Manager
Job Locations US-NC-Cary
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work.
Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic
work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture
that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from
anywhere. Whether you’re a university recruit, or an experienced
professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks,
passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
As a member of the IT Portfolio Management Office you will join a
dynamic group of responsive professionals leading cross-divisional and
global internal programs and/or projects. You will interact
extensively with internal customers to help drive exciting new
business initiatives while maintaining a collaborative balance; and
lead the activities of large cross-functional/global project teams
leveraging new technologies and methods, responsible for attainment of
overall project objectives and goals.
* Working at SAS’ Worldwide Headquarters, your duties will include:
* Completes deadline-driven, team-based projects. Responsible for
facilitating overall project business objectives, goals and
* Plans, prioritizes, implements and adjusts delivery schedule,
scope, resourcing, and quality, based on individual
program/project requirements per consultation with stakeholders.
* Negotiates resource needs and coordinates resources across
business and technical groups for assigned projects including both
domestic and international resources.
* Facilitates business and technical staff to develop creative
solutions to complex business and technical problems. Organizes
and adapts in light of department, division, and corporate goals.
* Leverages methodologies, processes, project tools, and best
practices to accelerate project delivery. Use project and
portfolio management accountability methods and processes to
ensure quality execution.
* Identifies dependencies and stakeholder influences, working
jointly with other organizations who share responsibility for
* Acts as central point of contact for all business and technical
issues and interfaces with interested parties across the Company.
* Authoring highly effective written communications including
project status assessments, business requirements and user stories
and business testing and training material, as required.
* May function as a Project Manager for one or more projects.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or a related
quantitative or business field.
* 8 years of IT-related enterprise project management experience or
IT infrastructure experience.
* Ability to travel 10% of the time as business needs dictate.
* Associate’s degree in same fields, plus 7 years of the stated
essential experience – OR – High school diploma (GED), plus 9
years of the stated essential experience.
* Excellent organization and planning skills.
* Strong ability to lead a project team.
* Superior written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and deliver multiple or
complex projects using Agile.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze business processes and translate
into effective and well-organized solution requirements.
* Demonstrated experience with the working environment which applies
overall infrastructure and Cloud technologies.
* Demonstrated ability to resolve problems independently and
* PMP Certification
* Experience leading global projects
* Experience working with various IT departments (i.e., security,
server support, hardware support)
* Familiarity with SAS offerings
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be
determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS
employees performing certain job functions may require access to
technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To
comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or
citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects
this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not
use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us
on LinkedIn LinkedIn Logo
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.