Do you want to use your RF expertise and experience to characterize, model, and assess the next generation of capabilities for the United States Navy and Marine Corps?
Are you looking for an exciting challenge that will keep you on the leading edge of RF system design, utility, and analysis of RF signals and data processing techniques?
If so, we 're looking for someone like you to join us at APL!
We are looking for a driven RF engineer to help us to develop innovative algorithms for surface radar and electronic warfare (EW) maritime electromagnetic systems. We are also looking for an RF engineer to model active and passive RF systems and predict their performance in support of concept development, system requirements, and field tests. We are a multi-disciplinary team of electrical engineers, computational scientists, software engineers, and domain experts who work with maritime-based electronic warfare (EW), radar, or other radio frequency (RF) and remote sensing systems at various stages of their lifecycle. We strive to foster an environment of great diversity, collaboration, inclusivity, and growth. As a member of our team, you will apply knowledge and principles of RF systems and professional experience in radar and EW to support end-to-end system prototyping, evaluation, and analysis of maritime electromagnetic systems.
As an RF Systems Engineer, you will…
- Collaborate with team members to analyze, model, simulate, and develop creative solutions for complex surface maritime radar and EW problems.
- Analyze current and future RF systems to understand limitations, document findings, and provide reports and recommendations on new concepts and future capabilities.
- Share analysis products and new ideas with project sponsors, and formally present results at technical exchange and working group meetings
- Develop formal proposals for new ideas, and submit formal bids for APL Internal Research and Development funding or other organizational grants.
- Participate in internal and external test and evaluation and data collection events
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Possess a Bachelor 's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or another related discipline.
- Have professional experience in advanced signal processing, or communications engineering, and radar/EW engineering/analysis.
- Have a working knowledge of RF propagation, RF signal processing, radar cross section (RCS), RF filtering, transmitter and receiver fundamentals, and antennas.
- Have Matlab experience in modeling, data analysis, and development of algorithms for complex systems.
- Have programming experience in Python, C++, or Java.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills. Are comfortable writing and presenting about technical topics to peers, managers, and external customers.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Top Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a TS/SCI clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you…
- Possess a Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or another related discipline.
- Have a working knowledge of national intelligence databases.
- Have demonstrated experience in radar waveform design, target detection, and tracking.
- Have experience leading and performing technical studies and analyses, modeling and simulation of advanced RF, communications, or signal processing applications.
- Have experience working with electronic warfare (EW), intelligence sensors, surveillance radars, over-the-horizon radar, or other electromagnetic system.
- Have experience using RF test and measurement equipment and familiarity with GNU Radio and/or VHDL/Verliog.
- Hold an active DoD Secret or higher clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.