What you’ll be doing…
The Financial Systems Group (FSG) Programs and Strategy Team is responsible for strategy and implementation of systems solutions that support ERP (Enterprise Resource Platform) activity for Verizon Finance, Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Payroll within the Verizon Group with sales over $120 billion.
You will be responsible for the execution of AP ERP Projects as a project manager (PM) as well as a supporting resource for the more complex aspects of any ERP strategy and conversions, upgrades, consolidations, and day-to-day maintenance.
– Functional expert, advisor, mentor, and project management coordination within the AP area (esp. Electronic Invoicing).
– Assist (PM or Co-PM) with large-scale, complex projects delivering AP / ERP enhancement and upgrade deliverables – a significant impact on Finance and IT landscape.
– Lead (PM) and manage small-scale projects delivering AP / ERP small enhancements and upgrades as break-fix or strategic system improvements for gains in efficiency, process improvement, alignment to connected systems, and regulatory requirements.
– FSG scope encompasses responsibility and decision authority focusing comprehensively on plan, build, deliver, run, status and budget tracking/responsibility of these projects (end-to-end development and deployment) per stakeholder requirements.
Coordinate aspects of project lifecycle and systems support relating to ERP impact on AP systems processes and procedures, namely:
– Create gap analyses between as-is / to-be system and process choices to support deliverable recommendations.
– Coordinate blueprinting sessions; provide business scenarios and high level data requirements for integration testing.
– Coordinate cross-functional teams tasked with writing and categorizing development objects along with process design documentation.
– Correct, modify, and approve Functional Specifications documents (FSD technical design) and ensure their adherence to business requirements (Business Requirements Document BRD or Agile Process User Stories).
– Plan, write, execute, status, and resolve defects relating to AP Systems testing – Regression (RTC), Functional Unit Testing (FUT), Integrated Testing (ITC) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
– Provide business process input and confirmation of the list of test scenarios including specific SAP / PeopleSoft Financials and non-system/manual steps required, specific data conditions and sequences of steps. Confirm candidates for automated regression testing per automated testing candidate’s guidelines to be established during Blueprint.
– Identify and document legacy and non-ERP application impact, test steps, and data requirements.
– Flexible collaboration, complex solution/commitment development and central contact point of multiple internal and external (e.g. IT, Finance, AP, SC, Top-management level etc.) and different level of stakeholder groups (especially Top-Management/executive level) with various demands/requirements and intersections to align/define the long-term strategy, align/decide on the project prioritization to fulfill the strategic goals.
– Provide testing support for all enhancements or interfaces as tester or testing Lead.
– Provide defect/trouble ticket resolution and QA and production support across SAP / PeopleSoft Financials, Ariba, Concur, Global Vendor Portal and other various 3rd party SaaS applications as a Tier 2 resource.
– Provide general production support as well as testing support for Ariba, Concur, Global Vendor Portal and other 3rd party SaaS applications.
– Provide general support on special FSG and AP projects or other initiatives as required.
– Provide input to training and adoption of new system functionality and related process changes and adhere to FSG organizational goals and strategies to include testing automation and robotics processes.
– Be a change leader, mentor to junior team members, and identify efficiencies to team processes and provide suggestions to management.
– Compliance to Verizon policies and procedures or direct impact on the re-design of existing policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
– Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
– Bachelor’s Degree in either Finance, Accounting, or IT background with experience in reporting and systems delivery.
– Experience with project management; PMP a plus.
– A strong understanding of Financial systems and accounting principles, especially Accounts Payable and Expense Management systems.
– Proven past success with large ERP program implementations (SAP, PeopleSoft Financials preferred).
– Four or more years of work experience with the ability to manage and status multiple concurrent projects and deliverables.
– Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environment with good time-management skills and the ability to work independently, accurately, and with a high degree of organization.
– Ability to perform as a project manager: coordinate meetings across a diverse stakeholder group including internal and external parties; produce project documentation; organize projects and change requests; develop project plans; stick to project timelines and work mitigations, and provide timely status updates to team manager.
– Ability to troubleshoot and provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and GAP analysis where impacts are not always pre-defined.
– Ability to guide and mentor junior team members in their daily tasks, testing, and ticket resolution.
– Knowledge of interface models and processes across ERP landscapes (SAP, PeopleSoft) and end-to-end testing and troubleshooting of transactional and non-transactional issues.
– Knowledge of cloud SaaS concepts.
– Knowledge of middleware components and their role in systems integrations.
– Knowledge of testing lifecycle model. Knowledge of HPQC tool for testing and defect management.
– Knowledge of testing automation and robotics processes.
– Knowledge of Agile Project Management methodology.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact with team members across the global organization and internal customers.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.