The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking SATCOM Network Engineer to support the XVIII Airborne Corps at Fort Liberty, NC. This person should be a seasoned, self-motivated, professional with at least 10 years of hands-on networks and systems engineering, testing experience in tactical and enterprise networks, virtualized and cloud environments. The candidate shall be a skilled engineer knowledgeable and experienced in developing and implementing Satellite and Networking Solutions.
- Perform IP network support to include configuration of switches, routers, firewalls and voice equipment.
- Perform IP satellite modem support to include configuration and issue of option/boot files.
- Work with DoD SATCOM Gateway facilities and deployed operators to troubleshoot and resolve SATCOM and IP network issues.
- Remotely access and de-access customers into the IP/SATCOM networks.
- Verify equipment is operating in the baseline configuration and react to alarms as necessary.
- Remotely provide global equipment configurations at DoD SATCOM Gateways utilizing the Satellite Access Authorization (SAA) and Gateway Access Authorization (GAA).
- Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment.
- Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Perform various complex software development tasks.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance current customer capabilities.
- Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
- Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
- Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment.
- Provide mentorship and act as a technical resource for lower level network engineers on the team.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) in order to obtain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 yrs. of relevant experience or Masters degree with 2-6 yrs of prior relevant experience; Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in written form.
- Must possess DoD 8570, IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) Certification
- Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
- Experience with either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco (ESR and ASR) and/or Juniper routers.
- Experience with ports and protocols.
- Significant understanding and experience with Satellite Communications (SATCOM) architecture and signal flow.
- Significant understanding and experience with the operation/configuration of MILSATCOM encryption devices
- Expert level IP/Networking experience including hands-on configuration of routers, switches, firewalls and IP Modems.
- Expert level knowledge of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways, call managers, performance enhancing proxies (PEP), and telephony systems.
- Significant understanding and experience in the implementation and delivery of DISN services (VoIP, VoSIP, VTC, NIPR, SIPR).
- Utilization of SAA/GAAs as source documentation for network configuration.
- Ability to manage IP over SATCOM networks using iDirect or equivalent FM-TDMA hubs.
Pay Range $66,300.00 – $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.