CGI is hiring a Scrum Master to join our dynamic team.
At CGI, you get to build solutions as a full time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission critical project, working with a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself who build quality solutions for a variety of customers. Take your talents to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas.
We are hiring an experienced Scrum Master (6+ years) to work closely with one or more Agile Software Development teams. The projects are fast paced, use new and innovative technologies/methodologies to build new products or for new initiatives.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• With guidance from the Project Manager/Product Owner and in collaboration with team members, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Leading software development teams in applying agile software development principles.
• Oversee the scrum team and all pre-requisites to scrum team – requirements, data model, design, implementation, QA, and validation of programming code and products
• Create project outlines and timelines and distribute responsibilities to team members
• Facilitate daily scrums, stand-ups, and meetings to monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing
• Shape team behavior through excellent management via the agile method
• Perform reviews on software development team members
• Remove project obstacles, develop solutions with team
• Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout project lifecycle
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program owners
• Document progress and communicate to upper management and stakeholders
• Take responsibility for successful product delivery
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
This position requires bachelor's degree plus 6 years of relevant experience.
Successful candidates will possess:
• Certified Scrum Master/Scrum Practitioner with multiple years (4+) of experience in a scrum master role.
• Detailed knowledge of and experience with team-level Agile frameworks (including Scrum, Kanban)
• Experience facilitating the Agile Team ceremonies
• Ability to act as a Scrum Master to more than one team
• Experience with metrics
• Ability to lead the Scrum Master Community of Practice
• Experience with tools (i.e. JIRA Align, JIRA, VersionOne, Rally, etc.)
• Very effective facilitation skills and experience
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Experience in creating information radiators that show progress of stories, features, and releases to stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate with/and work in partnership with software developers.
• Ability to communicate with subject matter experts in the domain of the product
• Ability to collect and distribute status to all levels of the organization
• Bonus: Experience working in banking vertical
Skill set Years of experience Proficiency level
Advanced Communication & Managerial Skills
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
Skill set Years of experience Proficiency level
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Communications Management
- Scrum Master
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.