Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce
with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers.
Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40
billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods
supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It’s the perfect place
for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
Worldpay’s growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated
products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and
user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue
our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled
Engineers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon
our product offerings. From software to technical architecture and
more, investing in our team of Engineers is investing in our future.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Scrum Master / Product Engineering
* Leads high-level planning sessions within the agile team
* Coordinates development work consisting of multiple EPICs and
Features of varying sizes
* Consistently mitigates program risks and optimizes resources and
* Demonstrates Lean Agile best practices
* Delivery commitments are met consistently and aligned with
targeted program outcomes
* Relationships within agile teams, and with cross-functional teams,
are highly engaged and collaborative.
A World of Opportunity
We’re turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts
needed to help our customers prosper. We don’t try to ride the winds
of change. We create them. We’re proud to be shaping the future of
payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues.
We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get
the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where
curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we’ll
empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career
experience you’re looking for, we invite you to apply today.
* Active Scrum master for 1-2 scrum teams with a focus on guiding
the teams towards improving the way they work
* Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos
* Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog refined
* Ensure cross-team/cross-train coordination
* Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal
* Maintain relevant metrics to track the team progress and use them
to coach for achieving higher maturity level
* Manage dependencies between our team and other scrum teams
* Collaborates with senior leadership to ensure IT strategic
investment aligns with business strategy and drives operating
* Works on complex, broad reaching programs where analysis of data
requires in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Self-management
* Normally receives little instruction on work assignments. Must be
able to influence stakeholders.
* Ability to proactively identify impediments, remove roadblocks and
escalate to senior management when needed.
* Extensive program management experience. Experience leading
change, influencing and managing in a matrix environment.
* Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with
a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD
without experience; or equivalent work experience.
1. Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
2. Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak
intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide
value to a team/enterprise
3. Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes
4. Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a
5. Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
6. Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task
7. Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented
environments, and better development practices.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions
for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements
listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability
deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position
description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of
duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required
to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their
leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.